Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

First mods if there is a better place for this if you could just move the thread that would be great.

So I am not focusing on migrating our primary website to Joomla + JA. I just used the standard blank template and made it look like our old site. That wasn’t too difficult however because of SEO and other factors our marketing department wants me to create a java based slideshow that can be updated w/ out having to build a flash file each time.

Specifically the flash slide show on the front page of our current corporate website: https://www.corvallisclinic.com

My current thinking
    Note that there is a gradient that fades over the image which can be done w/ a css frame then have the pictures change behind it. However that colored overlay changes color from picture to picture, so it would have to change w/ the image which I should be able to do by modifying the javascript to load the image and place it then change the background attribute of the CSS… Then do something w/ the transition code that will bring in the defined text as well…

Not sure if I can do that with JA Slideshow, but I need to make something as close to that as possible while still making it able to be updated w/ new pictures and text via the admin panel back end. Which needs to be as simplified as possible considering the content will be kept up to date by the marketing dept here.

Any input you guys have from past experience would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Best Regards
    Mike L.

1. ss
    Sherlock Friend

Hi tccmike,

You can check some demos of our templates to see if the transition effect suit you need but I am afraid that it is hard to accomplish the effect as your flash slideshow , you can only get that transition effect with a flash slideshow.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum