Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anyone knows how to make the usual front page content appear in main page of JA Erica?

This case is if I want to unpublished the JA Newslight in the mainpage.

mj1256 Friend

go to your home menu item

change all to 1
    # Leading
    # Intro
    Columns
    # Links

ruskenb Friend

<em>@mj1256 73881 wrote:</em><blockquote>go to your home menu item

change all to 1
    # Leading
    # Intro
    Columns
    # Links</blockquote>

Thanks MJ for trying.

But it doesn ‘t work even I had everything change to 1.
    Before this I had the Menu > Home >
    # Leading – 2
    # Intro -2
    # Columns – 2

> this is because I still want 2 contents appear in 2 column
    > and I want to unpublish the JA Newslight
    > all I want is to have the same JA Erica setup appearance, but with the contents appear in html way.

I was experiencing with other JA templates before, the frontpage contents should appear in the main body. So, if we publish the JA Newslight module together with the frontpage contents, the contents should appear double. Then, I can choose to publish the JA Newslight module or to have the contents appear in normal way, in the main body.

Hope someone can help…

Regards,

mus

mj1256 Friend

did you turn off the janewslight module

I have it all turned off and I’m just using the regular frontpage component

ruskenb Friend

<em>@mj1256 73952 wrote:</em><blockquote>did you turn off the janewslight module

I have it all turned off and I’m just using the regular frontpage component</blockquote>

Yes MJ1256, I already turned it off (unpublish). The result will be > no content appear at the frontpage.

By the way:
    This is the info of mysite:

web : http://www.bondamama.com
    Joomla version : 1.0.15
    Addon: CB

Thanks anyway.

mj1256 Friend

just trying to help, sometimes its trial and error

I’m trying to figure out why mine worked and yours didn’t

We are using the same versions

and mine has CB also

ruskenb Friend

<em>@mj1256 73959 wrote:</em><blockquote>just trying to help, sometimes its trial and error

I’m trying to figure out why mine worked and yours didn’t

We are using the same versions

and mine has CB also</blockquote>

thanks again for trying to help me. At least, it gives me motivation to still work on this template :).

I need some info:

1. Did you used quickstart? – I used this.
    2. Can you appear double content if you publish both frontpage and JA Newslight? This do not work for me at the moment.
    3. I did try and error in:

• a. mainmenu> home
    • b. module> ja newslight
    • c. the particular contents for frontpage > on and off the appearance in frontpage

Do you suggest other places that I should trouble shoot?

regard,

mus

heidim Friend

I have this same problem. I don’t want to use the ja-newslight module in the frontpage because it doesn’t give me enough control over the display of the content.

But when I turn it off, nothing displays in the frontpage, not even the items I have listed in the Frontpage Manager. I am using Joomla 1.5.6

rreintjens Friend

I have the same problem with my website. I really want the felxibility to use the show on frontpage option but nothing shows up in this template. This is one of the great core features of joomla and should be working without a hasle!

natescape Friend

Ditto. I’m just trying to make the frontpage-tagged news articles appear on the front page, and it’s not working. How do I do it?

I just tried to install the quickstart module, but that didn’t fly either. I received the following error:
    Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

scotty Friend

natescape;93938I just tried to install the quickstart module, but that didn’t fly either. I received the following error:
    Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

Quickstart is not a module. It’s a complete install including joomla. You install it the exact same way you would Joomla.

natescape Friend

Thanks Scotty. How can I get the normal “Frontpage” articles to appear below the Newslight?

natescape Friend

Does anyone know how to make front page content appear beneath the Newslight? I’m trying to add the content on this site.

natescape Friend

Anyone? The content appears below the newslight on other pages, but not on the frontpage.

phild75 Friend

Hi – how did you get this to work?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  phild75 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum