Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to make a section appear like homepage (with its own ja-news and ja-news fp module (like in the template demo))?

I found a thread about it herehttp://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/make-a-section-look-like-the-front-page/ but although it is marked answered – the solution was not provided.

(Install quickstart is not a solution)

I use J1.0.13, Teline II
    site is http://www.pomakonline.com

Sherlock Friend

Hi avekic !
    There is a simple way for do it . You download JA News component at here install it to your site and config it , to config you can dowload userguide at here

avekic Friend

cool,

but you missed the fact that my site runs on Joomla 1.0.13.

is there a simple way for that also?

avekic Friend

answered?

come on…

Sherlock Friend

Hi avekic !
    You download JA NEWs and JA News FP in teline ii package -> install it then config it , you can view userguide of teline ii to consult about config JA News and JA News FP.

avekic Friend

I guess i wasn’t clear enouhg, so I’ll try to explain it more accurately:

I have installed
    – Teline II
    – Ja-News
    – Ja-News Frontpage
    – Jazine plugin

on Joomla 1.0.13 Stable
    and configured it based on my needs.

The thing that I can’t configure is
    appearance of section pages

what i have now is something like this:

and how I want it to look like is this:

What I was hoping to hear from you is: is there any simple way to acheive this, or there isn’t?

Do I have to copy Ja-news module, and manually asign it to every section I want displayed in that way, or there somewhere, where i can’t find it, joomlart team put some kind of shortcut command for this?

I have read all userguides, and every single page of Teline II forum, and couldn’t find answer to this question. I have read userguide for Ja-News, and Ja-News frontpage, as well. I know my way around, I just need a hint. Thank you.

avekic Friend

is there anyone here who knows how to fix this?

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@avekic 67988 wrote:</em><blockquote>is there anyone here who knows how to fix this?</blockquote>

Hi avekic,

There is no Joomla 1.0x version. And, the JA News Component, aside from being available in Joomla 1.5x, does not have clear instructions.

Cornelio

avekic Friend

Could I get someone from joomlart team to confirm that there is no solution for this, so that i can stop trying?

anaivelisse Friend

Hi avekic-

Go to your JA Zin Plug in and configure how what your pages to look like

There you can configure your pages.

avekic Friend

anaivelisse,

yes, those are config options for section/category layout.

but i can’t get my section pages to display content like the frontpage (with ja-news and headline article).

what I have now is classic joomla section blog display.

anaivelisse Friend

Post your url…

Go to your menu manager and check, item by item what layout the use…

avekic Friend

ana,

i have allready wrote my url. in my first post on this topic. it is http://www.pomakonline.com

and there is also written that the site runs on joomla 1.0.13

that means that i don’t have an option in menu manager which would allow me to change style of individual section.

i know that there is such option in J1.5 version of ja-news (or jazine), but i was hoping that someone from joomlart team would provide me with solution for my case (joomla 1.0.13), but they aren’t responding…

(thank you for trying anyway… 😉

avekic Friend

… still waiting for someone from joomlart to answer this…

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@avekic 69270 wrote:</em><blockquote>… still waiting for someone from joomlart to answer this…</blockquote>

that will be a long wait.. this feature has been asked a gazillion times. As noted in the earlier response, the answer is JA News Component, but it is not yet ready, and when it is ready, it is only for Joomla 1.5.x, plus it is only for Developers. Not sure if regular members can buy it.

Cornelio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum