Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

The example K2 tag page has one brick on a wall. That’s it. The page only filters for one tag.

My question is how do you click on a tag and get bricks on a ja_wall? I can only preset one tag (which is pretty useless), so I must be missing something.

Has anyone got this working?

Rene

dave_logic Friend

<em>@renejdm 322322 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

The example K2 tag page has one brick on a wall. That’s it. The page only filters for one tag.

My question is how do you click on a tag and get bricks on a ja_wall? I can only preset one tag (which is pretty useless), so I must be missing something.

Has anyone got this working?

Rene</blockquote>

If I click on a tag in an article I do get all articles pertaining to that tag in the Wall…See below

http://www1.aerosolplanet.com/site4/index.php/itemlist/tag/UK%20Graffiti

renejdm Friend

Hi Dave,

Good example. What module/plugin are you using for the dropdown tags? Also, what module position are you using at the top, or did you create your own?

When I click on Hong Kong, the template formatting gets screwed. I tried this on a 22″ Desktop and a 17.3 ” Laptop. See attached.

Rene

1. Dave-Logic1
    dave_logic Friend

<em>@renejdm 322346 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Dave,

Good example. What module/plugin are you using for the dropdown tags? Also, what module position are you using at the top, or did you create your own?

When I click on Hong Kong, the template formatting gets screwed. I tried this on a 22″ Desktop and a 17.3 ” Laptop. See attached.

Rene

</blockquote>

Hi ,

I’m using the plugin from the same site you are using for your search box in the sidemenu. He does two flavours, I’m using the more basic one. The issue with the tag selection is fixable. What it is I think is that in that section I have some rss fed content where I haven’t stripped out the illegal tags. I was only using this module as a test really. The module position I created myself, content-top and content-bottom. Im just playing about really to see what I can get away with without breaking the responsiveness. I really need another position above the main menu and another dark stalled position under the aside which will act as a footer when the view is condensed. Nearly there but no expert so treading carefully.

Dave

renejdm Friend

HI Dave,

If you can get these extra module positions working properly, please post your solution. I am sure many people would benefit from this.

Rene

In fact, I am really interested in the content-top position.

dave_logic Friend

<em>@renejdm 322355 wrote:</em><blockquote>HI Dave,

If you can get these extra module positions working properly, please post your solution. I am sure many people would benefit from this.

Rene</blockquote>

Hi yes, I intend to. Trying see if I can add styling to etc. I’m no php coder or CSS wizard so want to make sure I’m doing it properly first.

D

renejdm Friend

Hi Everyone,

The default K2 tag functionality does not work with JA Wall.

Rene

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Rene,

“Currently, wall page is supported on this type of menu: Category Blog view of com_content; Item List view of com_k2”
    It is true that JAWall. JAWall support K2 free component. We does not support K2 Easy Filter.

By the way, I have take a look on your site. At least I still see the content is change after I change a Tag. 😉

Regards.

renejdm Friend

Hi Wall Crasher,

Yes I got it working but I had to do a few workarounds. In the category and item view I had to hide the tags. Then I used K2 Filter and Search for the dropdown tags.

Now it works the way I think it should. While the default tags did work somewhat, the results were not what I expected.

Maybe someone else managed to get this to work correctly.

Rene

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Rene,

Wow, it is good. You can share your solution to everyone. 🙂

Regards

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Did anyone think to check the K2 Parameters?
    COMPONENTS > K2 then click the PARAMETERS button in the upper right?
    There are tag settings included in there as well.

Also to clarify, in order for tags to be created ‘on the fly’ the user would need permissions set for that…otherwise only those tags which have previously been created (COMPONENTS > K2 > TAGS) can be used and shown.

Have fun!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum