Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to have frontpage index (home page) without module only want to have custom html with static background image and some pictures and text. After click hyperlink enter then only can be link to actual index (actual homepage) of ja kranos. Anyone can help me?

Thank you.

instantinlaw Friend

Create a page and name it index.html. Put in the file whatever you want as far as images, text, and links and upload via ftp it to your sites root, usually public html. Just make sure that when you put the link on that page that goes to the Joomla index page that you make the link go to index.php. The server should default to the index.html page first, so that is the one that people will see when they type your www address.
    Optionally, you can make the same page and name it something else, upload it to the site root, and load it in a wrapper within your Joomla site. Then make the menu item for the wrapper your default menu item. Doing it this way will let you still have all the navigation showing when a person visits your www address. As long as the page is on your own server, you can set the wrapper page to not have scroll bars and noone will know it is in a wrapper.

azilanur Friend

Hi,
    I will try to do as you suggest. Thank you.

instantinlaw Friend

Did it work? I’d like to mark this thread answerd if it worked. Thanks

azilanur Friend

Hi,

I have create index.html with some text and images that with a link to Joomla index but I m not really expert in customize joomla template, what do you mean by wrapper or can you help me to explain more on this;

“load it in a wrapper within your Joomla site. Then make the menu item for the wrapper your default menu item.
    Doing it this way will let you still have all the navigation showing when a person visits your www address.
    As long as the page is on your own server, you can set the wrapper page to not have scroll bars and noone will know it is in a wrapper”

Thank you.

instantinlaw Friend

Hello,
    Please read this in the Joomla documentation; Internal Link Wrapper and here is another page with more detailed instructions

If you are using Joomla 1.6.1, you will need to apply a patch to three files; Here

Just in case you need this; Here are instructions on adding a menu item in Joomla

Just remember that if you are going to wrap the page you just made, it can’t be named index.html. You can name it anything else. You will also need to assign your new internal link wrapper menu item to be the new default home page, and add the URL of the page you created into the Wrapper URL field. (don’t worry, you can add an internal link there).

Because you are wrapping an internal URL, you can select auto height, etc.

If all this sounds hard to do, it’s easier than it sounds, but in order for me not to have to explain how to return your site to the way it was before I explained all of this, maybe you should just sick with the splash page you originally asked for help creating. After all, that part is done now, and it should be the first page anyone sees when they access your site via http://www.yoursite.com.
    Good luck

azilanur Friend

Hi,

I think it will take quite some time for me to understand it. As for now for temporary I just use static html frontpage link to joomla index.php. If you dont mind, I will private message to you if got

instantinlaw Friend

Sounds good.
    Good luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum