Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I have had recent enquiries from my website users as to whether I can make it so that the images in the front page module are linked to the articles they are about?

At present you need to click the title/text.

Here’s my site: http://www.progressivetalks.com

Any ideas as to how I might do this?

Thanks heaps 🙂

khoand Friend

Hi,
    You replace this code from <joomla url>modulesmod_janewsprotmpllinearblog_item.php file

<?php if($showimage) echo $row->image; ?>
    with

<?php if($showimage):
    <a href="<?php echo $row->link;?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>"><?php echo $row->image;?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

jakeyboy Friend

Sorry, I should have been more clear…

I’m meant the Ja News_FP (Front Page) Module, not Newspro…

Is it similar?

Thanks again

khoand Friend

You replace this code from <joomla url>modulesmod_janews_featuredtmpldefaultblog.php file

<?php if($bigshowimage) echo $news->bigimage?>

with

<?php if($bigshowimage):?>
    <a href="<?php echo $news->link;?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($news->title); ?>">
    <?php echo $news->bigimage?>
    </a>
    <?php endif; ?>

jakeyboy Friend

Thanks! That worked great.. except the module was mod_janews_fp…

Just writing that for anyone else that reads this thread

Appreciate the help!

khoand Friend

Does your post help you? If it doesn’t, could you give me a snapshot with your annotation?

jakeyboy Friend

yeh it is solved. thanks mate..

I just was saying that you need to look in the folder called janews_fp and follow your instructions and it will work 🙂

issay Friend

thanks khoand
    that worked for me. now i can click on feature image and, images in linear mode in ja news. but in default mode I cant . can you tell me how to do that in default theme of Ja news pro.

1. image-click
    khoand Friend

<em>@issay 241688 wrote:</em><blockquote>thanks khoand
    that worked for me. now i can click on feature image and, images in linear mode in ja news. but in default mode I cant . can you tell me how to do that in default theme of Ja news pro.</blockquote>
    Sorry about late response,
    You replace this code from <joomla url>modulesmod_janewsprotmpldefaultblog_item.p hp file

with

<?php if($showimage):
    <a href="<?php echo $row->link;?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>"><?php echo $row->image;?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

issay Friend

I cant see this code in modulesmod_janewsprotmpldefaultblog_item.php file

NOTE

sorry. after that I searched for the code with my eye. and found. hehe. befire I searched with Dreamweaver. and because there was a space in the code it didnt match with searh word.

now iam fine with it.

by the way, is there any side effect by doing this? I mean like extra memory consumtion, or slowing the site?

khoand Friend

by the way, is there any side effect by doing this? I mean like extra memory consumtion, or slowing the site?

No, there isn’t.

whiteman43 Friend

Hi, I tried this but it doesn’t work and shows error for linear layout. Can you please tell me what to do?

It shoows this >>

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in ………….modules/mod_janewspro/tmpl/linear/blog_item.php on line 55

whiteman43 Friend

Hi,
    You replace this code from <joomla url>modulesmod_janewsprotmpllinearblog_item.p hp file
    Code:

with
    Code:

<?php if($showimage):
    <a href=”<?php echo $row->link;?>” title=”<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>”><?php echo $row->image;?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

This will be

<?php if($showimage):?>
    <a href=”<?php echo $row->link;?>” title=”<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>”><?php echo $row->image;?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>

khoand Friend

Could you give me username+password of ftp and a link to your website? I will check it

minsunlee Friend

<em>@khoand 242880 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry about late response,
    You replace this code from <joomla url>modulesmod_janewsprotmpldefaultblog_item.p hp file

with

<?php if($showimage):
    <?php endif; ?>

</blockquote>

In this code

<?php if($showimage):
    <?php endif; ?>

First line is missing ?>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum