Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have a specific need that I cannot seem to find the answer to. Several similar but different threads, and I know this is my reference, http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Block_attributes_and_parameters. However, I can not seem to figure this out. Forgive me.

I am using JA Purity II and separate layouts for mobile/desktop. So the articles in the left-right-main go into content block and the articles in iphone go into the main block. At least I think. My goal is to load module position “A” above the articles in content while in desktop, and to load module position “B” above the articles in main while in iphone layout.

I am happy to load the module positions in an article if I can find a way to display and article only on certain layouts, but that seems even more difficult.

The trouble is, the main content blocks are generated programmaticly, so I can’t add module positions to those blocks in the layout editor, as far as I can tell. There must be a simple solution. Can you help?

jooservices Friend

Hi
    Would you mind provide your live site and a screenshot to show me what do you need ?

Thank you

saganomics Friend

No problem. The site is at http://www.kansasresponder.com/MidwestCard temporarily. I have included two screenshots to help describe my needs. Basically, when you are on a desktop it should show module “A” above the articles or in the first article; when in mobile show module “B” above articles or in first article. This is so that I can identify different parameters for the module.

Thanks for your assistance.

1. mobile
    2. desktop
    elenas Friend

Was there an answer to this? I’m trying to do the same thing.

Please let me know. Thanks so much.

saganomics Friend

No, actually I am still having the same problem. Very frustrating. Same issue for images at the head of a category. I don’t know how to select to load different size images based on the layout. I’m sure it is my being an amateur holding me back but I sure with I had the solution.

chavan Friend

Hi there,

You copy file plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/content.php to templates/<ja template>/blocks folder
    and replace

<jdoc:include type="component" />

by

<?php $mobile = T3Common::mobile_device_detect(); ?>
    <?php if ($mobile === false) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="aaa" style="xhtml" />
    <?php endif; ?>

<jdoc:include type="component" />

<?php if ($mobile !== false) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="aaa" style="xhtml" />
    <?php endif; ?>

railer Friend

Hi Do Ha —

The above content.php code only works on some of my desktop version pages. On others, it is pushing the entire right column down to beneath the main content area. Why would this only work on some pages and not all?

When I disable the duplicate content.php file, the right column displays in the correct place.

I assume that “aaa” can be any name I want to call my mobile module postion.

Thanks,
    Railer

railer Friend

Never mind. I had commented out the original jdoc:include code and then pasted in your new code below it. Removing my commented code solved the problem. Sorry 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  railer 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum