Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’m using the container tabs module. How can I link an individual tab in an article?

As seen in my picture, I would like to put a link in the "What is NMT" tab that links directly to the "Literature" tab. Can this be done?

I previously did this using a different plugin which is why the {{tablink=Literatures} {/tablink}} is there.

http://youngerusa.com/j3new/index.php/n-m-technology/introduction

1. tab_links
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

Container tab of JA ACM module only loads the content of the module and show it on the tab. About of your request regards to 3rd party tablink. You should raise the request to extensions owner maybe you will get the best answer from there.

Regards

kella@youngerusa.com Friend

I am no longer using the 3rd party tablink, I am instead using the JA ACM container tabs.

There is no way to link to an individual tab? I try to link the module to text but it just adds the full module into the tab rather than adding a link.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Can you give me the demo to see this script {{tablink=Literatures} {/tablink}} is working as well with joomla site?

I didn’t see tablink tag to run on joomla before that.

I am not sure what you mean? To see an example of it working you can look at http://youngerusa.com/index.php/n-m-technology#what-is-nmt and click on the red text that says "please see publications here". This will lead you to the Literatures tab. This is what our current live website is doing.
    This is on joomla 2.5 with an older version of tabs and I’ve noticed a change in the newer version (instead of "tab=literatures" the code is simply "tab literatures"). It seems that with the new version "{tablink=Literatures}{/tablink}" no longer works but you have to use a URL link (each tab has it’s own URL represented by a "#")

Is that what you were asking? Sorry if I didn’t answer your question.

@ninja Lead, did you respond? Before clicking on the link it says there are 6 replies and that you responded 8 hours ago…But when I click on the link to see this thread, I see nothing from you.

Is there any update on linking tabs? I specifically would like to have a separate URL for each container tab item.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have checked this with the development team and JA ACM container tabs only support the content on that and does not work with tablink event. I am so sorry about this.

So there is no way to link an individual tab? For example, if I wanted to link each tab as a menu item?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Have you solved the problem on your site? I checked the tabs on your site and saw it’s working fine

The tabs are working correctly. I was just hoping to be able to link them to other pages, but I will just create a separate article and put the module inside of it since it cannot be done.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I am so sorry about the delay for response for you. Because I tried to find the solution with your request and JA ACM container tabs could not support all your expectation but you can use Table of Content of Joomla default here and you can user loadposition or loadmodule in each tab of joomla article with my guide here

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum