Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • goshin Friend
    #1083882

    I have implemented the Facebook feed. I got 41 articles and consider it a huge benefit to the site. But shortly after that, my account was disabled and eventually suspended and I had to appeal. I finally got it back, and tried yesterday to retrieve articles and ended up in the same place.

    Frankly I am baffled. Facebook requires special credentials – but like everything the behemoth does, it must be tied to a personal account. That alone is less than ideal, but worse yet is there is never an explanation (even though they claim they will get back with you). The special credentials should prove to them that it is a developer.

    Anyway… is there some sort of throttling technique that can be used? Is anyone retrieving articles on a regular basis and not suffering the problem? Any advice would be most appreciated. If my account has been restored, I am going directly to the FB dev forum to ask the same kind of questions.

    Saguaros Moderator
    #1084196

    Hi,

    Could you try to follow this guide to create a new app again? https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-plugins/ja-social-feed#facebook-settings

    goshin Friend
    #1084618

    I can try. But I am sure at this point that I am sure I will never do more than log in and get marked for suspicious activity immediately. I do not believe it to be the app, as I have restored the account twice while the app was inactive. I have ruled out browser type. Only some FB robot knows and I have no way to get to a human. If anyone knows a way to ask someone at FB why they continue to disable the account – without logging in, I am willing to try. But I carefully went immediately to the Dev site the other day and was disabled before I could post. Frankly there is no way to remediate the issue. Giant monopolies of this ilk should be dismantled so the can become humble again.

    goshin Friend
    #1084633

    I did get in. It looked as if the old app was deleted – it had to be at their hand, as I could do nothing. I have created another and I did get posts. I have spent two weeks of being told that the account is suspicious and being forced to have it reviewed and restored. All I can do is watch. Thanks.

    Saguaros Moderator
    #1084943

    Glad to hear that it’s working now!

    Let me know if you need any further help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 1 year, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum