Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Company looks good but I can’t find any instructions for "The template also integrates our featured product – JA Builder" in the docs. Instructions welcome.

I’m hoping Company will allow us to create a page in Builder and include news articles as they are updated. It may be possible to create a builder module for that. If so, it would be very welcome.

Help appreciated,
    Dave Burstein
    Jennie Bourne

pavit Moderator

Hello

If you look at the Ja_Company quickstart there is already Ja Builder component installed

Anyway you can download ja builder package and install it also on Ja Company template and add builder pages easily . simply follow Ja_Builder documentation.

daveburstein Friend

Pavit

Either I’m being very unclear or am confused. Help me please. Maybe I just need better instructions.

I’ve already done two test sites on Builder and know how it works on a Builder page.

What I’m trying to do is integrate Builder on a JA Company page (or have a Builder page that has the functionality and positioning to bring News articles in and update as articles change.)

In other words, in Company and other templates, I can feature my articles with formatting and ordering, like a home page set up as category blog. So how do I integrate Builder functions/modules on the same page?

Am I missing something here or is there no way so far to bring updated news articles to a builder page?

It isn’t urgent; I can improvise by hardcoding the demo. But I really would like a proper solution.

Thanks

pavit Moderator

In other words, in Company and other templates, I can feature my articles with formatting and ordering, like a home page set up as category blog. So how do I integrate Builder functions/modules on the same page?

You can have in Ja company template or any other template a ja builder page, you cannot merge in a builder page a category blog or any other core joomla item type and vice versa.

daveburstein Friend

Thanks for the clear reply.

May I strongly recommend you fix that. When I discovered the problem, I looked at other Joomla Site Builders and they can do this.

I’ve worked with Joomlart for years and I’d prefer to stick with you.

Dave Burstein

pavit Moderator

I looked at other Joomla Site Builders and they can do this.

Could you show us examples ?

daveburstein Friend

From JSN PageBuilder 2

Joomla dynamic content
    You can present not only static content like text or video, but also those dynamically pulled from database like Joomla articles, modules and even 3-rd party extensions. Empnasis added.

I would guess the easiest way to do this would be to create a block that reads from the database when necessary. It wouldn’t be trivial but should be straightforward.

pavit Moderator

You can submit your request at THIS FORUM and see what developers can do about it.

Best regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum