Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

In the demo version of Ja-Telline IV, there are Latest News for each mega menu. Please see the attached pic. However, Latest News is same for each menu. I want is that there should be relevant latest news to that mega menu or category. How it can be done. Currently in the demo version. there is only one module configured that is displayed to all the mega menus, as required.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @asifak,

First, if you navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your template >>> hit Megamenu button to go to setting page, then open this panel you will see that the Latest News module is already defined in Extensions >>> Module Manager and it simply included in Megamenu.

So you can go to Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> create another module similar with Latest News, point to another category and when you’ve done, go back to Megamenu setting page and include it under appropriate menu item you want.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @asifak,

First, if you navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your template >>> hit Megamenu button to go to setting page, then open this panel you will see that the Latest News module is already defined in Extensions >>> Module Manager and it simply included in Megamenu.

So you can go to Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> create another module similar with Latest News, point to another category and when you’ve done, go back to Megamenu setting page and include it under appropriate menu item you want.

asifak Friend

Great. Let me try it

asifak Friend

Great. Let me try it

asifak Friend

It worked. I wanted unique ( relevant category) Latest News module for each menu in the 2nd column of mega menu. However, I am facing problem in the 3rd column. I am trying to install unique (of relevant category) Featured News in the 3rd column of every menu. I am successful in the 1st two menus after Home menu, however, when I try to install Featured News Module (called in my case as ‘Top News – Events’ in the 3rd column of the mega menu ‘Events’, I get a error message as shown in the attached pic. I have checked every thing and there is nothing wrong in any access levels or so.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @asifak,

Could you please provide your site url and temporary admin account via private reply so I can investigate the problem ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @asifak,

Could you please provide your site url and temporary admin account via private reply so I can investigate the problem ?

asifak Friend

I have sent you private message. thanks

Adam M Moderator

Hi @asifak,

I checked this matter but didn’t see any problem, you can have a look at attachment screenshot, I can add new module here in your site.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @asifak,

I checked this matter but didn’t see any problem, you can have a look at attachment screenshot, I can add new module here in your site.

asifak Friend

Thanks for investigating. it was strange. The module I tried to install was creating problem. I had duplicated another module which I used for other menu. I deleted it , empty thhe Trash and the created a new module and installed it. it worked. Donot know why.
    Thanks anyway

asifak Friend

Thanks for investigating. it was strange. The module I tried to install was creating problem. I had duplicated another module which I used for other menu. I deleted it , empty thhe Trash and the created a new module and installed it. it worked. Donot know why.
    Thanks anyway

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  asifak 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum