Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

To insert a module inside an article, use the {loadposition xx} command, as follows:

1. Create a module and set its position to any value that doesn’t conflict with an existing template position. You can type in the position value instead of selecting it from the drop-down list. For example, use the position myposition.
    2. Assign the module to the Menu Items that contain the articles that you want the module to show in. You can also just assign the module to all Menu Items.
    3. Edit the articles where you want this module to appear and insert the text {loadposition myposition} in the article at the place where you want the module.

Note that this only works when the Content – Load Module plugin is enabled. If this plugin is disabled, the text {loadposition myposition} shows unchanged in the article.

There are also a number of extensions available for this function via the Joomla Extension Directory,
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/embed-a-include

chloregy Friend

do you have any suggestions on what to use if one wanted every article in a category to have a banner ad floating in a particular position (i.e., left align, 200px below top of content body), how to accomplish this in an automated fashion?

i actually did this a long time ago but i’m looking for something not custom

thanks

TomC Moderator

As far as I know (at this time), there is no “automated” way to accomplish this outside of the {loadposition xx}
    method described above. However, as you are “custom” creating your article content anyway, adding this additional bit of code is not much more of a “custom” solution.

😎

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum