Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I don’t like the “stars” in the brick/cyan right side modules. I’d like to just have a blank “star-less” background.

Does anyone know how to strip out the background images in those modules?

You can see what I’m talking about in the attached photo. I circled the item I want to get rid of.

1. removal
    pritam Friend

Hello masstech,

I Have seen your attached image. I also checked the Ja Rochea Demo where in the backgound image of brick/cyan right side modules has the stars. The image file name is box-hl-br.gif and box-cyan-br.gif in templates/ja_rochea/images. So if you don’t want to show the stars then you can change the module image with box-hl-br.gif and box-cyan-br.gif in templates/ja_rochea/images.

For Example :-
    Find this code at templates/ja_rochea/css/template.css line no.603

div.module-brick {
    background: url(“../images/box-hl-br.gif”) no-repeat scroll right bottom transparent;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

Here you can use another brick and cyan images.

chavan Friend
    masstech Friend

Another question then…

in the .css template, under /*right module*/
    the first div block defines the header for the blocks on the right side (div module-brick h3, etc.)
    but what does the second do? (div module-brick, div module-green, div module-blue {…)
    and then they go into progressive div module-brick div, div module-brick div div, div module-brick div div div, etc…
    what the heck do those define?

then right after it seems to give further definition to the div module-brick, green and blue in further detail. For instance,

/* Module Brick */
    div.module-brick {
    background: url(../images/box-hl-br.gif) no-repeat bottom right;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

div.module-brick div {
    background: url(../images/box-hl-bl.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    }

div.module-brick div div {
    background: url(../images/box-hl-tr.gif) no-repeat top right;
    }

div.module-brick div div div {
    background: url(../images/box-hl-tl.gif) no-repeat top left;
    }

I don’t even see any of these images (box-xx-xxx.gif) in my images folder, so I have no idea what they are, but again, what do they define? borders?

As I understand it, I need to change the ../images/box-hl-br.gif file to get rid of the stars. I’m going to try just commenting out that line first and see what happens.

Thanks guys!

masstech Friend

Ok, so commenting out the .br background line was…non-productive. Just creates a blank spot, as you would expect.

I went ahead and just used the “-blank” template for the modules, it’s defined a little below -brick, -cyan and -green. However, there was no border, so I inserted the line border: 1px #F4F1F1 solid; and added paddings and margins of 5px as well (default is set to zero). As a result, I have a nice subdued simple grey outline surrounding the announcements and no silly star backgrounds. Extremely happy.

Thanks for your guys responses, but I think my solution is a little easier…this way you don’t need to edit/delete any files, just use the -blank definition. This thing is solved!

chavan Friend

yes, However you can’t get the resolution that the image have. so, I have attached you the Images without the star background. you can just replace it with the existing Files.

Anyway happy that things are solved.

Note: If you Find my Post useful please click on the Thanks Icon

1. box-images.zip
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum