Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Can anyone explain to me how I go about changing the default error 404 page?

yakabout Friend

Sorry, I meant to ask how to change the error 404 page text, as well as add an image. The error page on my site is currently a little too plain. ex:
    modernkayakfishing.com/wrongURL

doparedes07 Friend

hi Yakabout.
    Edit the file your.site.com/templates/ja_wall/error.php 🙂

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello Yakabout,

Please modify the error.php file that doparedes07 mentioned.
    And the css code for this page is defined in the file
    /templates/ja_wall/css/error.css

Alice Ching Friend

We are using ja_ores and ja_mendozite templates on different sites. I cannot locate the error.php file under /template/ja_ores/, I saw the error.php in /template/ja_mendozite but didn’t know what to change for showing a customized 404 page.

Please help!

Saguaros Moderator

HI vertex615,

With JA Ores template, we don’t provide sample 404 page like JA Mendozite but you can easily override the default error page of Joomla. To do this, you copy the templates/system/error.php file into your templates/<template-name> directory. When your site’s loaded, if it finds one, it will use the error.php file from your current default template, in place of system file.

Then customize this page as you desired

Give it a try and let me know how it goes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum