Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

When editing articles in the front end, the editor and the right column collides. How can this be fixed?

jbicik Friend

Hi, if you edit the index.php file and wrap the definition of the right column into following code it should do the trick.
    <?php if ($this->countModules(‘right’) && $_REQUEST[‘task’] != ‘edit’) { ?>
    <!– BEGIN: RIGHT COLUMN –>
    <!– END: RIGHT COLUMN –>
    <?php } ?>

Hope this helps

jkab Friend

I don’t quite understand if I should delete what is there, or combine the code. And how do I combine them?

Now I have:

<?php if ($ja_right) { ?>
    <div id=”ja-col2″>
    <div class=”ja-innerpad”>
    <?php echo mosLoadModules ( ‘right’,-2 );?>
    </div>
    </div><br />
    <?php } ?>

So what exactly shoulc be there instead?

If I delete this, and add your code, the site doesn’t work properly, and says:
    Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /bla bla bla/templates/ja_mageia/index.php on line 209

ErikThorsen Friend

You can go to mambots and edit the mambot for your html editor ( default is tinymce ) In the parameters in the settings of this mambot you can choose the width of the editor. ( for example 500 pixels wide. ) Set this to perhaps 400 or try a number to see how big it can be. 🙂

jbicik Friend

This code should replace the one from your post

<?php if ($ja_right && $_REQUEST[‘task’] != ‘edit’) { ?>
    <div id=”ja-col2″>
    <div class=”ja-innerpad”>
    <?php echo mosLoadModules ( ‘right’,-2 );?>
    </div>
    </div><br />
    <?php } ?>

jkab Friend

Thank you very much. Is there any way to do the same if the ‘task’ is ‘new’ as well?

(I guess I could just choose to not show the right modules when being on that menu item, but this solution seems a lot better.)

jkab Friend

I tried this code on JA Rochea, and when using “<?php if ($ja_right && $_REQUEST[‘task’] != ‘edit’) { ?>” and being logged in to the front end, I get the following message:

<blockquote>Notice: Undefined index: task in /home/web28764/domains/djurrattsalliansen.se/public_html/templates/ja_rochea/index.php on line 267</blockquote>

When using the “<?php if ($this->countModules(‘right’) && $_REQUEST[‘task’] != ‘edit’) { ?>” I get the following:

<blockquote>Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/web28764/domains/djurrattsalliansen.se/public_html/templates/ja_rochea/index.php on line 267</blockquote>

It would be really good to be able to edit articles in the front end, so how can I fix this?

jkab Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 28036 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can go to mambots and edit the mambot for your html editor ( default is tinymce ) In the parameters in the settings of this mambot you can choose the width of the editor. ( for example 500 pixels wide. ) Set this to perhaps 400 or try a number to see how big it can be. :-)</blockquote>

I use JCE Editor and it doesn’t work like that, I think it’s 585 pixels wide, and only the white field where I write text changes if I change width. Other editors often work in the same way – the tools field in the top of the editors are in a width that often can’t be changed properly.

ddrinkal Friend

I have had the editor problem on a few sites and my solution was to edit the button layout at the top of the editor which was causeing the minimum width to be too wide for the template … I deleted a few rarely used icons and made it 5 shorter rows of buttons … that worked for me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ddrinkal 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum