Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi – we are building a site with JA Biz and trying to get a Masshead to show when a feature article on the home page is clicked on. The default demo site has a feature article titled Responsive Joomla template for business. If you click on this article it opens up on a page with a "Publishing" masshead. We are trying to recreate this behavior with different feature article and a different menu item and a different masshead. We have the massheads appearing on pages as we desire and they work fine. We have created a menu item called News which is a category blog menu item type and set up an entry in the JA Masshead module associated with this menu id. If we navigate to the menu item and click on it, articles appear on the page with the appropriate JA Masshead module – so it is working fine. If we set one of the articles to be a feature article and have it show on the home page – the article appears on the home page properly. If we click on the article to view the whole article, it opens in a page (showing the correct "news" menu path) but the JA Masshead does not appear. When configuring JA Masshead we assigned it to all the menu items to not restrict it. The configuration settings of the article, category and menu item are the same as those for the demo article, category and menu item. I am sure it is something simple but we have gone through everything many times and cannot solve it.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @nextech,

Sorry but I still haven’t got your idea yet. Could you please provide a mockup screenshot and clarify a little bit about what you’re going to achieve so I can assist you better ?

nextech Friend

Hi Adam – I tried to upload a PDF showing what I was trying to explain, but for some reason your system would not upload a PDF.

This issue has been solved. – somehow two menu items with the same alias were active. We trashed one of the menu items and emptied the trash and then the masshead started working as it should.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @nextech,

Glad to hear that you managed to sort it out. Next time, you can try to zip your file before upload it instead of upload a PDF file. If you still have any question or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Adam.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum