Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I have not my dates in circles in Ja Methys. Where can I adjust that?
    Roger

TomC Moderator

The css for this is found within your template.css file at line 396

dl.article-info dd.create {
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    top: 5px;
    background: url(../images/createdate-bg.png) no-repeat top left;
    width: 60px;
    height: 60px;
    color: #fff;
    text-align: center;
    padding: 0;
    line-height: 30px;
    }

The image, as you can see, is called “createdate_bg.png” and should be located within templates/ja_methys/images/createdate-bg.pngor the relative images folder depending on thr color theme you are using.

Juniamission Friend

OK, the problem is that my Ja Methys is not creating circles…
    http://www.missionisverige.se

Roger

TomC Moderator

Your website is not coming up, for some reason.

When you installed your template, did you do so utilizing the quickstart+sample data process?

Juniamission Friend

I did not use the quickstart.

<em>@TomC 281148 wrote:</em><blockquote>Your website is not coming up, for some reason.

When you installed your template, did you do so utilizing the quickstart+sample data process?</blockquote>

TomC Moderator

Roger … Were you able to resolve your issue?

annaleen Friend

I do have the same problem, my styling on content is missing, The dates display different from demo. You can view it here Thank you.

TomC Moderator

If I can be completely honest . . . .

As it does not appear that you’ve added any significant content or performed any significant modification as of yet – the configuration you would need to do (i.e. modifying the css for what you want) would likely take more time than would simply wiping the slate clean and starting fresh with a clean/new install utilizing the quickstart+sample data installation process.

My recommendation would be to wipe the slate clean – including your current joomla installation and database – and start from scratch … this time uploading/installing your template using the quickstart+sample data install process. From there, you can much more easily work “backwards” and eliminate the elements you don’t want than trying to “re-invent the wheel” in creating the elements you want identical to the demo.

If you’re unsure as to how to perform a quickstart installation, you can follow this step-by-step tutorial[/url].

😎

jooservices Friend

Hi
    Please check into

templatesja_methyshtmlcom_contentfeatureddefault_item.php
    If you have this code

<?php if ($params->get('show_create_date')) : ?>
    <dd class="create">
    <!-- Date created -->
    <?php
    $createDay = date('d', strtotime($this->item->created));
    $createMonth = JText::_(strtoupper(date('F', strtotime($this->item->created)))."_SHORT");
    //$createYear = date('Y', strtotime( $created));
    ?>
    <span class="date"><?php echo $createDay; ?></span>
    <span class="month"><?php echo $createMonth; ?></span>
    <!-- <span class="year"><?php echo $createYear; ?></span> -->
    </dd>
    <?php endif; ?>

If not please re-download JA Methys template and copy htmlcom_content into your templatesja_methyshtmlcom_content.
    After that, make sure you have valid config at backend to ‘show_create_date’.

In case you don’t know how to do. Okies you can simply force to show it by update above code into this

<dd class="create">
    <!-- Date created -->
    <?php
    $createDay = date('d', strtotime($this->item->created));
    $createMonth = JText::_(strtoupper(date('F', strtotime($this->item->created)))."_SHORT");
    //$createYear = date('Y', strtotime( $created));
    ?>
    <span class="date"><?php echo $createDay; ?></span>
    <span class="month"><?php echo $createMonth; ?></span>
    <!-- <span class="year"><?php echo $createYear; ?></span> -->
    </dd>

Note: remove if checking condition to force show create.

Thank you

TomC Moderator

Or … if you find the above as cryptic as I do, you can refer to my response (#8) above
    – depending on where you are in your site development process, of course.

😎

annaleen Friend

<em>@TomC 289975 wrote:</em><blockquote>If I can be completely honest . . . .

As it does not appear that you’ve added any significant content or performed any significant modification as of yet – the configuration you would need to do (i.e. modifying the css for what you want) would likely take more time than would simply wiping the slate clean and starting fresh with a clean/new install utilizing the quickstart+sample data installation process.

My recommendation would be to wipe the slate clean – including your current joomla installation and database – and start from scratch … this time uploading/installing your template using the quickstart+sample data install process. From there, you can much more easily work “backwards” and eliminate the elements you don’t want than trying to “re-invent the wheel” in creating the elements you want identical to the demo.

If you’re unsure as to how to perform a quickstart installation, you can follow this step-by-step tutorial[/url].

:cool:</blockquote>

TomC are you refering to me or Juniamission? I did use the template provided in the quickstart.

I don’t know why we should make changes in the CSS to get it like the demo ???? Why do you put features in a demo version that does not work? You’re giving the client a false impression by displaying it in the demo. Why is it only available in the quick-start version? This is why we are paying for a template club, if I wanted to do it myself I would buy an application like Artisteer to do it myself. >:(

I gave all my details to another support member with no results. it seems you’re beating around the bush with a lot of excuses to cover for your own incompetence. So I would suggest that you fix the problem.

annaleen Friend

After that, make sure you have valid config at backend to ‘show_create_date’.

Thank you jooservices. It settings seemed that my settings was on “publish date” and not “created date.” I’m glad I did not wipe the entire site as Tom C suggested. 😉

TomC Moderator

<em>@annaleen 290085 wrote:</em><blockquote>TomC are you refering to me or Juniamission? I did use the template provided in the quickstart.

I don’t know why we should make changes in the CSS to get it like the demo ???? Why do you put features in a demo version that does not work? You’re giving the client a false impression by displaying it in the demo. Why is it only available in the quick-start version? This is why we are paying for a template club, if I wanted to do it myself I would buy an application like Artisteer to do it myself. >:(

I gave all my details to another support member with no results. it seems you’re beating around the bush with a lot of excuses to cover for your own incompetence. So I would suggest that you fix the problem.</blockquote>
    With all due respect . . . your comments above are both erroneous and somewhat disrespectful.

There are only TWO elements within our demo versions that (since approximately May 2011) are generally not included within the quickstart+sample data installation packages. These are . . .

1. Those JAEC Club Level extensions that are showcased within the demo, but not indicated as “complimentary” within the template information page. There is nothing wrong with showcasing the capabilities of a given product with additional elements … it’s pretty standard practice amongst both brick-and-mortar and ecommerce retailers/providers alike.

2. Photo images that are licensed and fall within licensing restrictions, which are replaced by respective image placeholders.

Otherwise, everything you see within our template demo versions are included within the quickstart+sample data installation packages. Once the template has been installed and modifications have been made, we are not responsible for errors resulting from said modifications – be they code changes or image modification.

Further, templates are starting points from which the user/developer modifies/customizes toward the particular theme/needs of their own respective website project. Templates are not (and never have been) intended to be turn-key solutions requiring no modification whatsoever. As such, there ARE elements that require one to adjust various CSS properties and parameters toward customizing the base starting point (aka: template) into a relatively unique website experience for the user’s particular site theme/subject. If such were not the case, then every site would look the same as every other site . . . and how interesting or dynamic would that be?

So, before you go throwing around words like “incompetence” and “beating around the bush” . . . you might want to take a step back – and a deep breath – and try to employ a bit more contemplative logic into your words, as well as consideration for those who are taking the time to try to assist you with your issue. Respect/Consideration is a two-way street.

I am glad that one of the recommendations provided was useful to you.

All the best with your continuing site development.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum