Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I want images to resize proportionally. Currently, the template distorts images to fit the browser window. Since I’m using JA Sugite as a showcase portfolio, this is unacceptable.
    Example:
    I upload the following blue rectangle to my website.

The template distorts the image to fill the 1×1 portfolio field. http://callitscience.com/index.php/portfolio-page

Even in article view, the rectangle becomes resized unproportionally.

How do I make images resize correctly?

1. Blue_Rectangle
    2. Ashampoo_Snap_2014.07.10_18h39m22s_002_
    3. Ashampoo_Snap_2014.07.10_18h40m18s_003_
    Ninja Lead Moderator

The images in a showcase portfolio are fixed with outside div if you wish to show the same image size it will be destroy the layout. But the details article you can view it with original image size, please try to do with my solution below

Open templates/ja_sugite/css/custom.css file and add new script

.article-intro img, .article-content img, .article-intro .img_caption.right, .article-content .img_caption.right, .article-intro .pull-right.item-image, .article-content .pull-right.item-image {
    margin: 0px !important;
    width: auto !important;
    }

.img_caption img.caption {
    max-width: none !important;
    height: auto !important;
    }

.img_caption p.img_caption {
    width: auto !important;
    max-width: none !important;
    height: auto !important;
    }

yangyangli Friend

@ninja Lead Wow, thank you so much! It works perfectly! Prior to this fix, JA Sugite was close to worthless for my needs. Now, it’s the same great template I had my eye on when I signed up for JoomlArt membership.

<em>@Ninja Lead 436244 wrote:</em><blockquote>The images in a showcase portfolio are fixed with outside div if you wish to show the same image size it will be destroy the layout. But the details article you can view it with original image size, please try to do with my solution below.</blockquote>

Yes, I understand that changing the Extra Field Portfolio will destroy the layout. However, that’s not what I’m asking to be done. I would like the picture to resize to fit the square display windows. Please see the photos below for a clear explanation.
    1. Currently, the width and length dimensions of a photo distorts to fit the 1:1 aspect ratio.

2. Instead, the image should resize proportionately. Depending on whether the length or width is the larger measurement, that measurement should shrink to fit the box with the other measurement changing proportionately. Take a 1000×1500 picture and shrinking it to fit a 100×100 box, the 1500 measurement shrinks to 100; the 1000 measurement shrinks to 66.

Thanks for all the help, if you could provide this functionality it would be a lifesaver.

1. Ashampoo_Snap_2014.07.12_11h56m07s_001_-Copy
    2. Portfolio-Window-Mockup
    yangyangli Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 436244 wrote:</em><blockquote>The images in a showcase portfolio are fixed with outside div if you wish to show the same image size it will be destroy the layout. But the details article you can view it with original image size, please try to do with my solution below
    </blockquote>
    Hmmm, are you absolutely sure we can’t make the resizing work without destroying the portfolio layout? The resizing is working in the recent posts module.

Again, thanks for all the work you’ve done.

1. Ashampoo_Snap_2014.07.12_12h31m08s_005_
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I’m afraid you will not be able to do it because you can see Grid Size to show image in article

It’s fixed with Grid Size

1. articles_portfolio
    yangyangli Friend

I understand and have implemented a work around. It is too bad the template is so inflexible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yangyangli 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum