Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi there

Firstly, great job on the template. It looks excellent.

I’m trying to have some control over the way the blocks are laid out on the dashboard view – in particular, I’d like to make sure that a "Latest News" block always appears in the top right of the content area regardless of viewport.

It would be good to have some influence over other modules as well, in this instance to force another module to sit beneath the Latest News module, though positioning the latest news item is key to the design I’ve been asked to produce.

Failing that, is there an easy way of adding a sidebar position that occupies the right of the main content area to keep these modules in line?

Thank you for your help and if I don’t hear back today have a great weekend,

Ivan

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  naas_it.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Ivan,

In the dashboard layout page, it will show the main content area + Sidebar position which are showing: Joomla! , Login Form, Latest news, etc… modules.

If you want the Latest News module displays on the top right corner of sidebar position, you can change its ordering under Module manager.

Regards

naas_it Friend

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately with the Isotope layout used with JA Intranet the display order isn’t easily influenced, and changes from viewport to viewport, and whatever you configure is overridden when it decides another layout makes more sense under masonry’s rules. What I was hoping for was some way of telling the masonry layout algorithm "whatever you decide, leave this particular module as the top-rightmost grid item even if you think another layout fits better".

I’ll try moving all other modules into the spotlight position so that there is no competition for the slot, and see if that works. Thank you for your help.

Ivan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  naas_it 6 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum