Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

This new template framework is nice, but the template configuration file doesn’t give us any option to enable/disable usertools like the Font-size that was available in Teline II…however there are blocks within Teline III’s folder for them so I’m wondering what we need to do to be able to begin using them.

Also, how can we change the menu item colors? (this was also a configurable parameter in Teline II that is no longer available).

scotty Friend

omarram;145227This new template framework is nice, but the template configuration file doesn’t give us any option to enable/disable usertools like the Font-size that was available in Teline II…however there are blocks within Teline III’s folder for them so I’m wondering what we need to do to be able to begin using them.[/quote] The font selector is not a frontend feature of T3. It’s only available in the template manger.

How can we change the menu item colors? (this was also a configurable parameter in Teline II that is no longer available).

Open your JA News module in the menu manager to set the colours.

Omar Ramos JAEC

That’s a little silly, it was a really handy feature to have around and like I said there is a block available for it to be displayed in the frontend…there’s got to be a way to show that block somewhere…

Just look in the templates/ja_teline_iii/layouts/blocks/usertools/font.php file to see the code I’m referring to…the block just isn’t being displayed at the moment within any of the primary layout files…leading me back to my question of “How can I turn it on?”

I found the JA News 2 area as well, but that doesn’t help me much since that is coupled too closely too the sections/categories…I can’t change the color for a certain Itemid (only specific section ids).

Thank you for replying though,

scotty Friend

omarram;145252That’s a little silly, it was a really handy feature to have around…

Err no it wasn’t. How many sites have you visited and thought “I wish they had a font size selector here!” ? Probably none. It is a novelty that people click and think ‘oh that’s cool‘ and then never use it again. This forum doesn’t have one. Have you ever wished it had? I doubt it. It’s a completely unnecessary script to have on any web page.

Anyway, the font resizer is included in the new framework but it is NOT a feature of Teline 3. As teline dynamically determines the heights of divs (JA News 2), adjusting the font size after pageload will mess up the layout.

If you still want to enable it just create a new placeholder somewhere in your template and insert <?php $this->loadBlock(‘usertools/font’) ?> into it

nickwigzell Friend

<em>@scotty 145259 wrote:</em><blockquote>Err no it wasn’t. How many sites have you visited and thought “I wish they had a font size selector here!” ? Probably none. It is a novelty that people click and think ‘oh that’s cool‘ and then never use it again. This forum doesn’t have one. Have you ever wished it had? I doubt it. It’s a completely unnecessary script to have on any web page.

Anyway, the font resizer is included in the new framework but it is NOT a feature of Teline 3. As teline dynamically determines the heights of divs (JA News 2), adjusting the font size after pageload will mess up the layout.

If you still want to enable it just create a new placeholder somewhere in your template and insert <?php $this->loadBlock(‘usertools/font’) ?> into it</blockquote>

Hi Scotty

I take your point about it perhaps being a pointless novelty, but the Teline 3 demo does include it in the mega menu (http://template15.joomlart.com/ja_teline_iii/) so you can understand some people’s confusion (including mine) when they download a quickstart config and find it’s been removed.

I noticed it was missing this morning and spent about an hour trying to track it down, thinking it was a disabled module. If I hadn’t found this thread using search, I’d still be looking for it :).

Nick

cinematography Friend

Mr Super Moderator Scotty,

Is there any chance you could refrain from giving personal opinion in your feedback to members comments? aka “Err no it wasn’t.”

I for one do not mind having the ability to increase text size within a webpage and opinion about it being a “completely unnecessary script to have on any web page” is just your opinion.

If you are going to ‘moderate’ do so to assist people – don’t provoke!

Cinematography

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cinematography 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum