Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

When I log in to the front-end of my website: http://www.gotomedia.biz/azxxl. There aren’t any edit buttons available to edit articles or k2 items in the fron-end. I have a menu item: “Add new page” which is only visible to registered users to enable them to add a k2 item in the front-end. When I log in and click on it I get another tab with a very ugly page where I can edit the new k2 item (see attachment). Also in the tab where I clicked on the menu items the same very ugly edit page displays in a popup. At the menu there no option to change the Target Window to Parent.

What I want is that as soon as users logs in there should appear a edit icon on every k2 item and joomla article which allows users to edit the item in the fron-end. But then not in a new tab but in a popup.

Thanks for any help, Arjen

1. ScreenShot
    phong nam Friend

Hi Arjen,

On your concerns, I’d like to answer in details below:

In order to make the front-end edit button available to the registered user, you need to configure the settings in the backend of both Joomla and K2 component.

1. Joomla article
    Go to Article Manager >> Options >> Editing layouts tab >> Set Yes to Frontend Images and Links option.

2. K2 item

Go to K2 >> Parameters >> Front-editing >> Set Yes to Enable frontend editing option.

Go to K2 >> User groups >> Set Yes to Front-end item editing and other options like below snapshot. And make sure your account belongs to Registered group (i.e)

On the K2 create new item layout issue, I has transfered this issue to our deve team for the bug fix in next update of JA Smashboard template. At this time, you can keep track on work flow at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCSMASHB-66

In addition, you can create a custom.css file in templates/ja_smashboard/css/ folder, then put below codes into:

/*Extra codes for front-end editting*/
    #adminFormK2Sidebar .sidebarDetails .button {
    padding: 1px;
    }

#published0 {
    float: left;
    }

#published1 {
    }

#featured0 {
    }

#featured1 {
    }

.k2ItemFormEditor .button2-left .blank {
    margin-top: -10px;
    }

#k2AuthorOptions .modal {
    position: relative;
    left: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    border: none;
    -webkit-box-shadow: none;
    -moz-box-shadow: none;
    box-shadow: none;
    }

#adminFormK2Sidebar td.k2ItemFormDateField img.calendar {
    float: right;
    margin-top: 8px;
    }

input {
    width: 180px;
    }

These will make the K2 front-end editing layout look better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum