Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

This template is perfect for a site I’m working on but I need to edit the colours of some sections slightly.

The main colour scheme for my site is dark blue (#00237E) and grey (#999999)

Here’s what I need to do:

• Change the backround colour of the top section (containins the top menu) from the dark black/grey colour to dark blue
    • Change the hover colour of top menu links to my grey colour
    • Change the colour of menu / content from current bluey colour to my dark blue
    • Change the Module title and line from the dark grey colour to my grey

Any ideas, I think I read beofre that I might need to edit some of the ‘hilte’ files in the images folder?

Also, I’m sure some of these changes need to take place in the template_CSS file, just need to know where..

Thanks,
    Niall

timheel Friend

Yes, I’d also be interested in the ‘where’ (which files to edit) and not the how.

bernhar Friend

With teline it is exactly as with (most) joomla templates. Colour is defined in the CSS-files. Why not pick the colour with a color picker or with something like the webdeveloper toolbar and look where it is in the css.

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Agree with bernhar, in joomlart templates, you can change all most thing in you CSS files.

Michael Casha Friend

CSS found in /templates/<templatename>/css/

kearnsey11 Friend

Thanks Guys, the Web Developer and colour picker add-ons for Firefox are excellent and make this much easier than I thought it’d be.

Anyone who has no CSS experience, such as myself can easily change the colour scheme on any of these sites with a little bit of practice.

Thanks again!

timheel Friend

Having had a close look at the red.css and green.css files, why aren’t the files identical apart from the colours?

For instance, why does red.css contain a.readon{colour: #CC0000} which is missing from green.css?

Equally there are several bits of code in green.css but not in red.css.

Can anyone explain why the green and red templates have different coding elements?

regards:confused:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  timheel 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum