Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I don’t understand where’s the CSS files and how can be edited ?

Phill Moderator

The css files are in a few different places but the main ones we are concerned about are in templates>ja_droid>css>template.css etc

To edit them you should use a plain text editor such as notepad++

In JAT3 due to the complexity of the new system there is no css button in the back end of the template manager.

kenkel22 Friend

I have looked at the css files and also the template manager. I do not understand where or how I can change the font color of the text logo. I am trying to change the ‘default’ color scheme logo text color from the reddish/orange color. Can anyone help?

marian Friend

Thank you. Exactly as I though, without backend access, I need to install some kind of extension like extplorer to direct editing, I’m right?
    Because I don’t want to use ftp to transfer, edit and then reupload the file .

Phill Moderator

<em>@marian 217280 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you. Exactly as I though, without backend access, I need to install some kind of extension like extplorer to direct editing, I’m right?
    Because I don’t want to use ftp to transfer, edit and then reupload the file .</blockquote>

I am fortunate it that I can edit directly on my server using winscp (http://winscp.net/eng/index.php). Give that a go and see if it works for you. Just install it on your desktop and then setup a new connection (make sure you tick ftp mode if you dont have ssh). When in the file browser just like any other ftp app you can look through your files. The big advantage here is that it contains an editor of its own. simply double click on any file such as template.css for example and it brinks up that file in its editor. You can play around with files in that (be carefull you have backups). I keep the editor open until I have tested my changes as you can simply undo your changes in the editor then save again.

Phill Moderator

<em>@kenkel22 217279 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have looked at the css files and also the template manager. I do not understand where or how I can change the font color of the text logo. I am trying to change the ‘default’ color scheme logo text color from the reddish/orange color. Can anyone help?</blockquote>

Please could you start your own thread as trying to follow 2 completely different problems in on thread becomes very confusing. Also, please post a link to your site so we can be as accurate as possible wih our answers. Finally, please turn off css optimization before you post so we can see the correct files for the css.

marian Friend

Thank you Phil, I will give it a try and I’ll turn back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marian 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum