Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I would like to display the font sizer tools and the Profile tools within a module on all pages.
    I don’t want them as part of the C-Panel.

Additionally I only want to display one or two of the Profiles that we have set up in the template manager.

How can I do this? Is it possible?

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

I’m afraid that such task is beyond support scope since this task requires a decent skill in development field and you might have to hire a developer or freelancer to do the work for you.

andbeyond Friend

Thank you for your reply.

I thought because the font resizer and the ability to switch between template profiles is built into the CPanel that it would not be that difficult to display them in another position.

I’m investigating some third party extensions that may be able to do what we require which is to display a font resizer and a button to switch to a high contrast version of our template.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

You cannot place it in a module as this is a predefined feature and it’s visible in all pages by default.

andbeyond Friend

<em>@Adam M 442183 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

You cannot place it in a module as this is a predefined feature and it’s visible in all pages by default.</blockquote>

It doesn’t matter if it is in a module and we want it visible on all pages. All we want to do is have a font resizer and be able to switch between our default profile and a high contrast profile.

Basically we want is a cut down version of the c-panel that only displays a font-resizer and two profiles which you can select (one the default and one a high contrast version)

I’ve been doing some experimenting and have been able to get the font resizer working outside of the CPanel but so far no luck with the Profile selector. I’ll update this post if I make any useful progress with reconfiguring the c-panel or with the third party extensions I’m going to test and install.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

I discussed with development team about this matter and if you’re familiar with PHP code, you can try using the code below :

<div id="ja-cpanel-main">
    <?php $this->showBlock('usertools/font'); ?>
    <div class="ja-box-usertools">
    <ul class="ja-usertools-profile clearfix">
    <li class="profile">
    <input type="radio" value="blue" name="user_profile" id="user_profile_blue">
    <label title="blue" for="user_profile_blue">
    <span>blue</span>
    </label>
    </li>
    <li class="profile">
    <input type="radio" value="brown" name="user_profile" id="user_profile_brown">
    <label title="brown" for="user_profile_brown">
    <span>brown</span>
    </label>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="ja-cpanel-action clearfix">
    <a title="Apply setting" class="button" onclick="cpanel_apply();return false;" href="#"><span>Apply</span></a>
    <a title="Reset to default setting" onclick="cpanel_reset();return false;" href="#"><span>Reset</span></a>
    <a class="ja-cpanel-video" href="http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/jat3-framework/" target="_blank"><span> </span></a>
    </div>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var tmpl_name = '<?php echo $this->template ?>';
    </script>

Please note that you will have to change the profile name accordingly.

andbeyond Friend

Thanks for your reply, I’ll try it out see if I can get it working. I’ve been off-line for a few days with the flu.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andbeyond 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum