Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dear JoomlArt Staff,

How do I disable tracking cookies in Joomla! 1.7 vor visitors ? My JA Event website is blocked by many Antivirus in Japan because “tracking cookies” are forbidden ! Is it possible Joomla developers didn’t know such a thing ?

I tried to follow these instructions:

http://docs.joomla.org/Disable_all_cookies_for_normal_visitors_in_Joomla

but it doesn’t look the same in my global configurations and I can’t find /includes/joomla.php either.

Thanks for your help !

TomC Moderator

Try looking here . . . .

libraries / joomla / application / application.php

<blockquote>
    ->getCfg(‘cookie_path’, ‘/’); setcookie( JUtility::getHash(‘JLOGIN_REMEMBER’), $rcookie, $lifetime, $cookie_path, $cookie
    </blockquote>

Also, you may want to review and read through the comments within the file IDENTIFIED HERE

As a general rule, however, it’s not the best idea to disable cookies for your site. You can’t sign into Facebook, your bank, or even *visit* Google.com without a cookie being set, so an antivirus program should definitely not be “complaining” about cookies.

It may be more of an issue with the particular antivirus program(s) configurations/settings.

olivercham Friend

Dear Tom,

I found that code line but what should i do now with it to disable cookies ?

BR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  olivercham 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum