Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Which code and where is that part that triggers IE6 warning, please? How to disable/remove it completely?

It would have been good if I or my users are indeed using old IE browser but the warning/notice still shows up even if we are using the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

I use JA Social template but it’s no longer current. Nevertheless, my T3 framework installed is up to date. Using Firebug, I see that the css is found in the plugins of the framework and not on the template folder.

plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/ie6/ie6warning.css

Help me please. Thanks in advance.

1. ie6_notice
    phicts Friend

If it could help, I noticed that this warning started appearing only when I enabled compression and minify in the template as well as compression and cache in Joomla as well as via cPanel.

I’m not sure if those settings have any relation to why suddenly that IE warning appears.

By the way, the template was downloaded directly from Joomlart when my license/subscription was still active. It’s long expired though and I have no budget yet to renew. Maybe resolving this issue would inspire me to renew. 😉

pavit Moderator

Hi

You can find the ie6 folder here pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultblocks

Remove it

phicts Friend

Thanks for the tip. But what happens if i upgrade the T3 framework as needed? How do I keep the changes?

pavit Moderator

The update of the t3 framework plugin will override the 2 files ie6warning.css and ie6warning.php

So backup all changes made on these 2 files and override them if needed after the update

phicts Friend

Thank you. Do you know what triggers it and from which folder/file? It’s a bit annoying when it still pops up even when the user uses modern and current releases of browsers. Is this a bug or what?

I decided to just rename the folder for now and see if there would be further warning or errors. Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phicts 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum