Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

HI, there, first of all i would like to say that joomlart has the best templates out there for joomla!

I’ve developed a site on my local computer and i would like to know how i can create a quickstart like that joomlart has provided so that i can just install everything on to my webhost and the site would be ready for use.

regards

Menalto Friend

Use ftp to transfer all files to your hosting account.
    Take a backup of the database and import to your new clean database on your hosting account.
    And when you have done that open the configuration.php file and change the needed settings there.
    If you need a more described process i need to know the following:
    Which type of localhost do you use?
    Do you have phpmyadmin on your hosting account?
    Joomla version?

ivankan Friend

Hi, thanks for the reply! I’m actually looking to create Quickstarts like what joomlart is providing for the templates. I want all the modules and content already there when i do a new joomla installation.

thanks!

Menalto Friend

You get it like that by use the way i described above

TomC Moderator

<em>@ivankan 47105 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, thanks for the reply! I’m actually looking to create Quickstarts like what joomlart is providing for the templates. I want all the modules and content already there when i do a new joomla installation.
    </blockquote>

Just out of curiosity . . . Why would you do a new installation of a site you already have working/functional?

mindseye Friend

I myself would like this for building plug and play sites for my customers.

I build it locally – they download and up and go… no muss no fuss.

I would love to package my sites like this.

peterrucci Friend

I subscribed and everything looks wonderful. Maybe I alone need a NEWBEE Area- just for me?

Forgive if this is answered, but I searched and did not see an answer.

My Unix host installs (via Fantastico) Joomla 1.5 for me as a option. It seems to work fine with the free templates provided, so I must me doing something right.

Why would I need the QuickStart on any of your fine templates? This is a new “concept” to an old Front Page and Dreamweaver web worker. Are there special directories where the files sould go. I must be missing something.

Again, forgive me, but why do I need the Quickstarts?

If not, do I just upload the template.zip fils in the back end of Joomla! or do upload to my template folder on the actual web host. It does unpack them there as an option..

Should the files be sent via FTP?- binary,asc or auto protocols.????

I have read and re-read before posting a real newie Joomla! question, so please bear with me.

The work is the templates is beautiful and I am looking forward to being around a long and then maybe I can help someone like me just gtting started.

I will assume there are 1.0 and 1.5 versions. I have 1.5 installed on the hosts.

See I started out saying I was a Newbie, so be kind (GRIN)

Thanks
    Peter
    peterrucci@msn.com

ricdegre Friend

You can use Joomla cloner, after you run this you get a zip file, unzip, uploading to the server and run like a regular installation, when the installation ask to install sample data DO IT !!! and everything you put on your local server will be install on your remote server.

richard

ricdegre Friend

<em>@peterrucci 52881 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    My Unix host installs (via Fantastico) Joomla 1.5 for me as a option. It seems to work fine with the free templates provided, so I must me doing something right.
    </blockquote>

Don’t use fantastic to install Joomla, later you going to start to get permission problems, because the installation owner is your server ( not you ) and if you want modificate something you can’t. Use and FTP

<blockquote>Again, forgive me, but why do I need the Quickstarts?</blockquote>

some people, like me, create a full joomla site on a local server ( my pc ) after I test all comp, mod, mambot, etc.. and I fix bug , I want to uploading to the remote server and make a live website, If I create a quickstart I going to save all the time I need to install all modules, component , etc.. I use on my local server.

peterrucci Friend

<em>@ricdegre 53017 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can use Joomla cloner, after you run this you get a zip file, unzip, uploading to the server and run like a regular installation, when the installation ask to install sample data DO IT !!! and everything you put on your local server will be install on your remote server.

richard</blockquote>
    I have no idea what a Joomla “cloner” is and where to get it , May I am not making myself clear enough.
    thanks

ricdegre Friend

My bad, the joomlacloner suggestion was for ivankan.
    <blockquote>I have no idea what a Joomla “cloner” is and where to get it </blockquote>
    on San Google http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=joomla+cloner

Hung Dinh Friend

peterrucci;52881Why would I need the QuickStart on any of your fine templates? This is a new “concept” to an old Front Page and Dreamweaver web worker. Are there special directories where the files sould go. I must be missing something.

You see the demo and yes, I like this, make a site like this for me. That is why the original reason why QuickStart -is born. And with a QuickStart

1. You will save your time, it is just a few minutes and about 10 click way.
    2. You do not have download Joomla, newest quickstart have latest Joomla version
    3. Never worry about installing extension.
    4. Building content from sample contents are much easier, always approach in the right way not to break the layout.
    5. Sometime configuring extension is painful. We have done it for you.

and if you a developer.

There is a way to burn Joomla site (file + DB) into a CD to show off to your client, you can do the same with JA Quickstart.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum