Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Have worked with Joomla for a couple of years, so I’m quite embarassed to say that I simply cannot figure this one out…

How do I create the same horizontal navigation (under logo.gif) that I see in the demo. There is no position noted in the template index.php file, just this code:

<!– BEGIN: MAIN NAVIGATION –>
    <div id=”ja-mainnavwrap”>
    <div id=”ja-mainnav” class=”clearfix”>
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (0); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php if ($hasSubnav) { ?>
    <div id=”ja-subnavwrap”>
    <div id=”ja-subnav” class=”clearfix”>
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (1,1); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!– END: MAIN NAVIGATION –>

And i don’t see how anything in ja_vars_1.0x.php helps… it’s not the main menu… it’s got to be another menu but I simply don’t get it. Is this possible in 1.0.15 version of Joomla?????

gouaf Friend

I had the same problem and after several trials, I figured what the problem in my case was:
    1- make sure that you have created sections & categories (or at least that you have loaded the default sample data that comes with new installs)
    2- go to Menu –>Menu Manager –> Main Menu –>Edit Menu Items –> NEW –>SAVE

That should do it.
    -gouaf

davidmccreary JATC

thanks for the help… however.. please note that i’m working in joomla 1.0.15 here NOT 1.5.3

I had far too many problems with an install in 1.5.3 to carry on, I do like the template, and so i thought I’d give it a got in 1.0.15 joomla. Everyone’s suggestions are welcome, however, they pertain only to 1.5.3.

Could an admin weigh in here? Someone who wrote the code please???

herowan Friend

In ja_vars_1.0x.php, find this (line25-26):

# Joomla menutype used in main navigation
    $_params->set('menutype','magazine');

Replace magazine with your menu, i.e. topmenu or mainmenu

Hope this could help you.

Cheers,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  herowan 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum