Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Hi TomC !

Great Tutorial. This Tutorial alone can boost enough confidence in Newbies to move forward to use the Joomla CMS in their works. Thanks lot. Best of luck.

creativesmythe Friend

Hi Tom C

I’m not sure if you know this, but your advice and tutorials help joomla rookies like me in a major way and I just wanted to let you know how much I sincerely appreciate your responses, your advice and your time.

This creating a new module tutorial was EXACTLY what I was looking for! When I first thanked you on this thread I had only done a preliminary review of your tutorials and I wasn’t ready to tackle the new module position…however after all of the support and advice I have received on this forum plus your awesome and super clear steps, I am ready to take on this new adventure. I will let you know how it works out! I wish that I could officially thank you again!

Best
    wendye:)

Thanks,
    Wendye

TomC Moderator

<em>@creativesmythe 313588 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom C

I’m not sure if you know this, but your advice and tutorials help joomla rookies like me in a major way and I just wanted to let you know how much I sincerely appreciate your responses, your advice and your time.</blockquote>
    THANK YOU for the positive feedback, Wendye . . . .

I always try to assist as best I can within my own knowledgebase – and sometimes creative/methodical solution solving.
    Admittedly, I’m not always able to see a given issue through to completion/resolution. If it turns out I hit a roadblock myself, I will always try to elicit the assistance from one of my fellow Support Team colleagues who may be better able to assist and, hopefully, resolve the issue(s) – or, at the very least, research and provide reference to additional resources that may provide further guidance.

I don’t think that ANYONE has ALL of the answers … We’re ALL still learning and growing every day.

😎

<em>@creativesmythe 313588 wrote:</em><blockquote>This creating a new module tutorial was EXACTLY what I was looking for! When I first thanked you on this thread I had only done a preliminary review of your tutorials and I wasn’t ready to tackle the new module position…however after all of the support and advice I have received on this forum plus your awesome and super clear steps, I am ready to take on this new adventure. I will let you know how it works out! I wish that I could officially thank you again!
    </blockquote>
    This is exactly why I compose and publish tutorials such as these … to try to assist and provide some guidance (for what it’s worth) for some of the more common questions/issues that we see come up from Members – for both working with the JATC Templates, as well as with the Joomla CMS in general.

Always appreciate the positive and constructive feedback . . . THANK YOU !!!

So long as people are finding them useful, I’ll keep posting them.

🙂

coopoli Friend

TomC
    This was an excelent introduction in creating a new module position.

But, i´m trying to add new “right3, right4, col-mass-top2 and col-mass-bot2” to get some more variations in my right side of the website.
    I can´t find the correct .php file to edit for this. Can you please help me.

Regards

TomC Moderator

<em>@coopoli 314921 wrote:</em><blockquote>TomC
    This was an excelent introduction in creating a new module position.

But, i´m trying to add new “right3, right4, col-mass-top2 and col-mass-bot2” to get some more variations in my right side of the website.
    I can´t find the correct .php file to edit for this. Can you please help me.

Regards</blockquote>
    Which template are you working with?

coopoli Friend

<em>@TomC 315027 wrote:</em><blockquote>Which template are you working with?</blockquote>

I use JA Teline IV with joomla 2.5

TomC Moderator

<em>@coopoli 315048 wrote:</em><blockquote>I use JA Teline IV with joomla 2.5</blockquote>
    Might you be able to create a mock-up screenshot of what it is you are envisioning?
    It would help to understand and, hopefully, provide additional insight so we can try to assist you.

coopoli Friend

<em>@TomC 315049 wrote:</em><blockquote>Might you be able to create a mock-up screenshot of what it is you are envisioning?
    It would help to understand and, hopefully, provide additional insight so we can try to assist you.</blockquote>

See attached image for simple example

1. new-module-positions
    coopoli Friend

<em>@TomC 315049 wrote:</em><blockquote>Might you be able to create a mock-up screenshot of what it is you are envisioning?
    It would help to understand and, hopefully, provide additional insight so we can try to assist you.</blockquote>

[BUMP]
    TomC
    Do you have any explaining of how to create those new module positions?

Regards

spottedhaggis Friend

This was helpful, but only marginally so. Since all the 2.5 templates appear to have a header file, modifying that is easy, however in 1.5 Joomlart templates there were files that were used for all the parts of the template, so adding a new module into the left, right, or content was also easy, yet none of the joomlart templates have these any longer, they have header, footer and a few others, but none that actually help in any way at all to adding.

Where, on your example, the modules user1,2,3,4,5 are located, I need to take user1 module, re-style it to be a specific width (for a banner) and then remove user 4 and 5, leaving 2 and 3 next to each other, but there is no where that I can actually edit the code to produce this.

jalalakram Friend

Hi TomC, … I do appreciate all your efforts. Can you please guide me with adding a few new positions in main content area of JAT3 blank template. I think i need to edit this file (…../plugins/…../blocks/content.php). Can you plese give me some hints regarding to inserting a couple of vertical/horizontal mid1,2,3 positions both above and below main content area. Thanking you

laz18345 Friend

This is what I need. Great article. Thanks

kanjizu Friend

help me please! how can i add new module position like this, i try everything i know but i can’t.

1. cus
    2. def
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  kanjizu 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum