Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi TomC !

Great Tutorial. This Tutorial alone can boost enough confidence in Newbies to move forward to use the Joomla CMS in their works. Thanks lot. Best of luck.

creativesmythe Friend

Hi Tom C

I’m not sure if you know this, but your advice and tutorials help joomla rookies like me in a major way and I just wanted to let you know how much I sincerely appreciate your responses, your advice and your time.

This creating a new module tutorial was EXACTLY what I was looking for! When I first thanked you on this thread I had only done a preliminary review of your tutorials and I wasn’t ready to tackle the new module position…however after all of the support and advice I have received on this forum plus your awesome and super clear steps, I am ready to take on this new adventure. I will let you know how it works out! I wish that I could officially thank you again!

Best
    wendye:)

Thanks,
    Wendye

TomC Moderator

<em>@creativesmythe 313588 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom C

I’m not sure if you know this, but your advice and tutorials help joomla rookies like me in a major way and I just wanted to let you know how much I sincerely appreciate your responses, your advice and your time.</blockquote>
    THANK YOU for the positive feedback, Wendye . . . .

I always try to assist as best I can within my own knowledgebase – and sometimes creative/methodical solution solving.
    Admittedly, I’m not always able to see a given issue through to completion/resolution. If it turns out I hit a roadblock myself, I will always try to elicit the assistance from one of my fellow Support Team colleagues who may be better able to assist and, hopefully, resolve the issue(s) – or, at the very least, research and provide reference to additional resources that may provide further guidance.

I don’t think that ANYONE has ALL of the answers … We’re ALL still learning and growing every day.

😎

<em>@creativesmythe 313588 wrote:</em><blockquote>This creating a new module tutorial was EXACTLY what I was looking for! When I first thanked you on this thread I had only done a preliminary review of your tutorials and I wasn’t ready to tackle the new module position…however after all of the support and advice I have received on this forum plus your awesome and super clear steps, I am ready to take on this new adventure. I will let you know how it works out! I wish that I could officially thank you again!
    </blockquote>
    This is exactly why I compose and publish tutorials such as these … to try to assist and provide some guidance (for what it’s worth) for some of the more common questions/issues that we see come up from Members – for both working with the JATC Templates, as well as with the Joomla CMS in general.

Always appreciate the positive and constructive feedback . . . THANK YOU !!!

So long as people are finding them useful, I’ll keep posting them.

🙂

pranavpatil19 Friend

is there video tutorial availabel for creating module position ,i want to creating left module positiob for ja-orices,i am confuse abut step 2 and step 3 please help me

what abut iphone and mobile layout

malibu63 Friend

Hey Tom.

Thanks for the tutorial, but I’m a bit confused as to whether I should be creating a new block, or a new module position :-[

That is, I’d like to be able to place a module above the main content, to use as a slideshow, feed, etc above the articles. At the moment there is a block called ‘content-main’ containing a single module position ‘content’.

Should I create a new block above ‘content-main’, or a new module position in ‘content-main’ above ‘content’?

And exactly where is the default ‘Banner’ and how do I enable it / move it? Could it suit my purpose?

Am also confused since this tutorial (and others) mention files and code segments that don’t appear on my site, created from Joomla_2.5.6-Stable-Full_Package.zip and ja_purity_ii_joomla_2.5.zip. Note I did not use the ‘QuickStart’ … is this my problem?

Cheers,
    Mal.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Mal,

With main content if you need to add more position, please read this docs and all postion was defined here

Regards

tom_laan84 Friend

People having trouble with the new templates should use a different code (at least this worked for me in JA_ZITE)

instead of:

<div class=”ja-header-r”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”header-r” />
    </div>
    use this:
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘header-r’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-header-r”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”header-r” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

Hope this helps you guys out. It did for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  tom_laan84 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum