Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

It appears that article images in this template are automatically shrunk and placed to the left of the article. I’d like to have the images just appear in the article normally without being auto-arranged to float left and be very small. Is there somewhere where I can turn off the template’s default behavior so images will just sit normally within an article?

Thanks 🙂

aman204 Friend

If you wish to mainly refer to images for frontpage blog layout, Go to ::

templates/ja_community_plus/html/com_content/frontpage/default_item.php and change this::

<?php if ($image) : ?>
    <div class=”article-image”>
    <?php echo $image ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

to

<?php if ($image) : ?>
    <?php echo $image ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

bossies Friend

is there somewhere a manual on how to add images in the template. i am using jce editor and when i add the images it does not look the same as the quicklaunch – or do you maybe have a different editor that i must use

Phill Moderator

JCE adds height and width attributes to images destroying the layouts used in this template. Try using TinyMCE in Extended mode or ask the author of JCE how you can switch off the addition of the height and width attributes. Should be simple for him. It has been a while since I used JCE.

For current articles look at the html and remove the height and width code.

Addin images is very simple, just resize them to a size the same as you would like them to appear in the article (not the frontpage, that is handled automatically). Do not resize them with the drag and drop in the editor. The frontpage layout will take care of creating thumbs for that view.

bossies Friend

thanks for the reply – i see the problem with the height and width and taking them out sort out the blog view of the frontpage view of the image but,

when you then open the article, in the quicklaunch it still has a nice border and some spacing between the image and the article text and mine don’t and riht next to the text – how do you fix that?

Phill Moderator

CHeck to see if JCE has added any class of its own. When adding an image to the frontpage layout of Community Plus you do not need to add any class at all, it is all done for you. Again, if JCE has added a class attribute then it will override the templates one.

bossies Friend

thanks for the reply but the image still do not look like the quicklaunch – i have created a test site at http://test.swartlandmultimedia.co.za – look at the first article on the frontpage Snoek Classic 2010 – image is fine nicely blocked with border, but when i open the article it’s not nicely blocked as the quicklaunch?

bossies Friend

I have looked at the quicklaunch and found that class=”img-border left” was added to the image to create the border and have it left – so now i am not to sure as when i add the image with no class the template does not add it – do i miss anything here?

Sherlock Friend

Dear bossies,

I think that you have to add these classes if you want your images to be styled like that 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum