Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how to fix the text wrapping problem? I want the users to be able to create an article in JCE and have it look the same on the frontpage instead of the text not wrapping

http://wes2.gvsd.ca

Thanks,
    Dan.

Phill Moderator

Not sure what you mean by wrapping?

The frontpage layout of this particular template has everything hard coded to fit in specific places. As you have worked out, the text does not move simply because you have made a larger image. The thumbnail plugin is there to help you by resizing images to a specific size for the layout in question. As you have changed those settings the layout will not work as it was designed to. You could either adjust the css to cater for your large image or you could dispense with the frontpage layout overrides and switch to the standard Joomla layouts. What do you wish to do?

jreimer Friend

Ok, if you look now I have enabled it, and it still overlaps. I can’t configure it in any way without it overlapping somewhat.

Is there a certain place in the CSS that I can just remove some code and disable this? I think thats what I did on a different template…Rasite I believe.

Dan.

Phill Moderator

You’ve still set it larger to the originallay specified size the template expects.

If you want to disable the frontpage layout overrides and just use the standard Joomla layouts simply go into the templates>ja_social>html?com_content anf renamt the folder called “frontpage” to something else and that will disable the override.

jreimer Friend

Thank you, thats what I was looking for.

Phill Moderator

OK, marking as solved.

nadinekirma Friend

Thank you Phil. I was looking for this solution also and appreciate your time.
    Nadine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nadinekirma 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum