Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

what should I do in order to get Transmenu work in Spica?

dinosaur.au Friend

what should I do in order to get Transmenu work in Spica?</blockquote>

Yes I’d like to be able to do this – the new polaris template came out just a bit too late for my new website – it looks great with all the variations capable in it. On ewhich I like is the trans menu.

Thanks joomlart.

hinyinlam Friend

Any support to answer this question? at least tell us whether it will work or not!

magicbag Friend

I woud vote yes!

But for now, I too would like to know if it’s possible

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi all,
    To make Transmenu work with JA Spica, you should install module JA Transmenu (you could free download in our remository). The easiet way to use transmenu is publish it to left (or right) position. In this case, you will use Transmenu as a vertical menu. If you want to place Transmenu on top bar menu, there’s a bundle of customization need to be made. In that case, I suggest that you could get a freelancer helped you on http://www.joomlancers.com

patrick7 Friend

… hello,
    I am new and I am here to find a solution how to implement the transmenu in the topmenue of ja_spica.
    To be honest, I can’t believe “hire a freelancer” is the only promised support we get!
    I mean I signed up and payed for this with the believe of getting support where it is needed to get the purchased templates up and running as stated in the license agreement. If I wanted to pay a freelancer to get this running I wouldn’t have to join this club.

Isn’t it possible to post a tutorial how to implement the transmenue in the TopMenue of Ja_Spica?
    Shouldn’t be that hard, right?

sorry for the bad vibe, but I do feel a bit misstreated after signing up and paying for support which as it seems I don’t get.

thanx a lot

patrick7 Friend

sorry, apache threw back a time out and therefore I accidentally double posted …
    (this is a modification of the double post)

ShannonN Friend

patrick7;15367… hello,
    I am new and I am here to find a solution how to implement the transmenu in the topmenue of ja_spica.
    To be honest, I can’t believe “hire a freelancer” is the only promised support we get!
    I mean I signed up and payed for this with the believe of getting support where it is needed to get the purchased templates up and running as stated in the license agreement. If I wanted to pay a freelancer to get this running I wouldn’t have to join this club.

Isn’t it possible to post a tutorial how to implement the transmenue in the TopMenue of Ja_Spica?
    Shouldn’t be that hard, right?

sorry for the bad vibe, but I do feel a bit mistreated after signing up and paying for support which as it seems I don’t get.

thanx a lot

Hi Patrick
    Can you tell me if you have made an attempt to install transmenu and get the horizontal menu working at all?

I haven’t needed to use Transmenu other than as an included menu in the templates it come with etc so am unsure of the whole replacement process myself

Looking at the instructions for use of the standalone module it clearly says it works as a horizontal menu, I would assume, you would remove or comment out reference to the current top menu and replace basically with transmenu at that module insertion point in the html?

The rest is the normal css to get the slides etc happening as you normally do, I would however take into account it may be time consuming to modify as Khanh pointed out, I don’t think Khanh’s point about hiring joomlancer programmer, was meant to say there is no support but more to save you time and frustration, programmers do in an hr what it often takes me or a non programmer a few day, that’s my take on his suggestion

On the point of support, we should all remember the support covers template modification, sure , but c’mon guys at what point does replacing the whole included default menu system with another totally different one really come as slight customization 😉 and qualify for support, as a major support person here at JA I see the willingness of JA and a great community as often being taken as the norm for support, things like replacing a designed left menu with a totally different menu to the right for instance has been done but really falls outside the area of fair support.

Some people over customize sites and really push support to the extreme others do not, your request is not a improper one Patrick, however the “where’s my support I paid for” is in my opinion. You are getting the support, the request has been noted and if the community can help it will, but if you expect JA to rewrite the menu system in your site because the included menus are not what you want then that’s outside normal support included in JA business model

Patrick, I know you prolly have the site looking great and the transmenu would add just the right things etc, but have you thought about the cost in your time etc?

Is an alternative possible, such as moving to a later template and new look ( always good for SEO and clients wow factor) which has transmenu ( horizontal) already included?

I’m just trying to offer some alternatives here

Cheers ShannonN

patrick7 Friend

Hey Shannon,
    thanx for the reply and I get ur point :).

However how to remove the Ja_Menue and replace it with something different wasn’t the approach I was looking for. I wanted to use the JaMenue and have dropdowns to extend that ;).

U usually don’t have to replace and reconfigure the whole thing with extension as d4jTransmenue. Just install and apply to the module position, which didn’t work in this case as it is generated via custom code and not placed in a joomla preconfigured position (as far as I could see).

Anyways, I found another template to use by now, but in general I think we should be able to use any tutorial we like to choose and get a little bit of help in customizing it as I am sure other clients don’t want a webpage that looks excatly as another one either 😉

anyways ‘n cheers
    🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  patrick7 16 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum