Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am trying to change width of a position in a block in the T3 Bs3 Blank template, but after reading the T3 documentation I can still not do it. I want to change width of position “Home-5” so that both sidebars (left and right) go around it in the same way as for “Message” and “Component” positions:

Can someone please help me achieve this?

TomC Moderator

Perhaps the following resource may be of further assistance to you . . . T3 LAYOUT SYSTEM

TomC Moderator

Perhaps the following resource may be of further assistance to you . . . T3 LAYOUT SYSTEM

larry1984 Friend

I watched the videos and read the T3 doc this morning have not found the answer to my question in it.

I managed to add the “Home 5” position but I cant set it to be surrounded by the sidebar1 and sidebar 2 (same as “Message” and “Component”).

Thanks for your assistance.

larry1984 Friend

I watched the videos and read the T3 doc this morning have not found the answer to my question in it.

I managed to add the “Home 5” position but I cant set it to be surrounded by the sidebar1 and sidebar 2 (same as “Message” and “Component”).

Thanks for your assistance.

arthurjohnston Friend

What you are asking for is custom work.

Review the instructions at: http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid.

Replace the Home-5 block with another block created from instructions above.

arthurjohnston Friend

What you are asking for is custom work.

Review the instructions at: http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid.

Replace the Home-5 block with another block created from instructions above.

larry1984 Friend

Hello,

I managed to add the position in the layout:

But the problem is that in the front page now it looks like this:

The sidebar 2 is pushing Home-2 down (FYI I don’t use sidebar 1 for the moment. I only use sidebar 2).

This is how I proceeded:

I added this line in the file “mainbody/two-side-bar.php”:

<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘home-2’) ?>” ” style=”T3Xhtml” />

I added the line just below the component:

<?php
    /**
    * @package T3 Blank
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 – 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
    * @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
    */

defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die;

/**
    * Mainbody 3 columns, content in center: sidebar1 – content – sidebar2
    */
    ?>

<div id=”t3-mainbody” class=”container t3-mainbody”>
    <div class=”row”>

<!– MAIN CONTENT –>
    <div id=”t3-content” class=”t3-content col-xs-12 col-md-6 col-md-push-3″>
    <?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <?php endif ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘home-2’) ?>” ” style=”T3Xhtml” />
    </div>
    <!– //MAIN CONTENT –>

<!– SIDEBAR 1 –>
    <div class=”t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-1 col-xs-6 col-md-3 col-md-pull-6 <?php $this->_c($vars[‘sidebar1’]) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p($vars[‘sidebar1’]) ?>” style=”T3Xhtml” />
    </div>
    <!– //SIDEBAR 1 –>

<!– SIDEBAR 2 –>
    <div class=”t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-2 col-xs-6 col-md-3 <?php $this->_c($vars[‘sidebar2’]) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p($vars[‘sidebar2’]) ?>” style=”T3Xhtml” />
    </div>
    <!– //SIDEBAR 2 –>

</div>
    </div>

Do you know what is wrong?

larry1984 Friend

Hello,

I managed to add the position in the layout:

But the problem is that in the front page now it looks like this:

The sidebar 2 is pushing Home-2 down (FYI I don’t use sidebar 1 for the moment. I only use sidebar 2).

This is how I proceeded:

I added this line in the file “mainbody/two-side-bar.php”:

I added the line just below the component:

<?php
    /**
    * @package T3 Blank
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 – 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
    * @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
    */

defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die;

/**
    * Mainbody 3 columns, content in center: sidebar1 – content – sidebar2
    */
    ?>

<div id=”t3-mainbody” class=”container t3-mainbody”>
    <div class=”row”>

<!– MAIN CONTENT –>
    <div id=”t3-content” class=”t3-content col-xs-12 col-md-6 col-md-push-3″>
    <?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <?php endif ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />
    </div>
    <!– //MAIN CONTENT –>

<!– SIDEBAR 1 –>
    <div class=”t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-1 col-xs-6 col-md-3 col-md-pull-6 <?php $this->_c($vars[‘sidebar1’]) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p($vars[‘sidebar1’]) ?>” style=”T3Xhtml” />
    </div>
    <!– //SIDEBAR 1 –>

<!– SIDEBAR 2 –>
    <div class=”t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-2 col-xs-6 col-md-3 <?php $this->_c($vars[‘sidebar2’]) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p($vars[‘sidebar2’]) ?>” style=”T3Xhtml” />
    </div>
    <!– //SIDEBAR 2 –>

</div>
    </div>

Do you know what is wrong?

arthurjohnston Friend

@larry1984

An easy solution for your issues does not exist.

If you have not already, install Akeeba Backup an perform at least 2 backups. Then create a new Super User account, send the site information, FTP Information and the logon information to me via private email. I can complete it this weekend.

arthurjohnston Friend

@larry1984

An easy solution for your issues does not exist.

If you have not already, install Akeeba Backup an perform at least 2 backups. Then create a new Super User account, send the site information, FTP Information and the logon information to me via private email. I can complete it this weekend.

Also, are you attempting to add a new module position or a new block and module position?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  arthurjohnston 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum