Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

How do I change the “last updated” area from GMT to EST? Thanks.

gray Friend

I’ve created an alternative function for Last updated. It should show time as in your latest article.

carmila Friend

<em>@gray 162843 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve created an alternative function for Last updated. It should show time as in your latest article.</blockquote>
    Gray you are great!!!!! thanks I changed the time of last update thanks to your help!!!!!

bkmja Friend

Hi,

I have a general question about the standard last update function. When is it suppose to update and on what trigger? I have not seen the time change ever.

Thanks in advance.

gray Friend

<em>@bkmja 182359 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I have a general question about the standard last update function. When is it suppose to update and on what trigger? I have not seen the time change ever.

Thanks in advance.</blockquote>

This not a JavaScript based function, but PHP. It updated when page is loaded/reloaded.

bkmja Friend

Sorry brother,

I understand, but don’t understand. What causes the page to be loaded/reloaded?

Thanks in advance.

gray Friend

<em>@bkmja 182405 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry brother,

I understand, but don’t understand. What causes the page to be loaded/reloaded?

Thanks in advance.</blockquote>

Sorry the the misunderstanding. I referred to current time, but not last updated in my previous posts.
    The last updated function takes time by query
    [php] $query = ‘SELECT created FROM #__content a ORDER BY created DESC LIMIT 1’;[/php]

So, when you add a new article or change the created date in an old one, the “Last Updated” row would show the new date & time.

bkmja Friend

<em>@gray 182424 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry the the misunderstanding. I referred to current time, but not last updated in my previous posts.
    The last updated function takes time by query
    [php] $query = ‘SELECT created FROM #__content a ORDER BY created DESC LIMIT 1’;[/php]

So, when you add a new article or change the created date in an old one, the “Last Updated” row would show the new date & time.</blockquote>

Hi,

Thanks.

Just so I have a reference point, what triggered the default last update that comes standard in the template?

gray Friend

<em>@bkmja 182429 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    Thanks.
    Just so I have a reference point, what triggered the default last update that comes standard in the template?</blockquote>

Created date could be checked with the help of phpMyAdmin, for example.
    But you could also try the following. From the back-end, open Article Manager, sort the articles by ID. The one with biggest ID usually is the newest article; it’s creation date is show in “Last updated” row.

bkmja Friend

<em>@gray 182452 wrote:</em><blockquote>Created date could be checked with the help of phpMyAdmin, for example.
    But you could also try the following. From the back-end, open Article Manager, sort the articles by ID. The one with biggest ID usually is the newest article; it’s creation date is show in “Last updated” row.</blockquote>

Thanks, I had no idea what was populating this field in the template. At least I know what to look for now. (-:

Saguaros Moderator

Dear bkmja!

The field is populating in the template, it’s the modified field, every time you updated|created article, the lasted update will be changed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum