Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Please let me know how can I change the MENU items in JA Mers?
    I went through the menu but couldn’t find the items.

sijas Friend

how to change the menu items?

Please let me know how can I change the MENU items in JA Mers?
    I went through the menu but couldn’t find the items.

swissa Friend

I don’t have Mers but it if is like Cloris – it looks a similar design, I think they are modules if memory serves me right. You might want to try looking in Module Manager to see.

pavit Moderator

Hi sijas

To change your menu item you need to edit the layouts in Template Manager — JA_Mers – Default — Edit Style — Layouts Tab

For example below is showed the Default layout

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <layout name="desktop" body-class="bd-default">
    <!--Extra css load for this layout-->
    <stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>
    <blocks name="top" style="xhtml">
    <block name="header" type="header" main-inner="4"></block>
    <block name="onepage" type="onepage" pageid="" no-wrap="1" no-main="2">
    <page name="home" type="modules" title="About me" class="color1 first-item">page1</page>
    <page name="photos" type="modules" title="Photos" class="color2">page2</page>
    <page name="our-story" type="modules" title="Stories" class="color3">page3</page>
    <page name="events" type="modules" title="Event" class="color4">page4</page>
    <page name="our-blog" type="modules" title="Blog" class="color5">page5</page>
    <page name="youll-say" type="modules" title="Guestbook" class="color6 last-item">page6</page>
    </block>
    <block name="subnav" type="subnav" main-inner="4"></block>
    <block name="cpanel" type="usertools/cpanel"></block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name="middle" colwidth="27" main-inner="6" fixheight="1">
    <block name="content-mass-top" main-inner="4">content-mass-top</block>
    <block name="right1">left,right</block>
    <block name="content-mass-bottom" main-inner="4">content-mass-bottom</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name="bottom" style="xhtml">
    <block name="botsl1" type="spotlight" main-inner="3" special="right" specialwidth="27">user1,user2,user3,user4</block>
    <block name="navhelper" type="navhelper" main-inner="3"></block>
    <block name="footer" type="footer" main-inner="3"></block>
    </blocks>
    </layout>

The RED color shows the title of the menu item while the blue color shows the position where your custom-html module must be published

If you check for modules published in position “page1” you will see a module called “About us” in that module is stored the content for the “ABOUT ME” page

synncom Friend

I am having issues about this too.
    I tried to change it in here : Template Manager — JA_Mers – Default — Edit Style — Layouts Tab

But the Pages the menu is supposed to roll up is not changing…

Please assist me with this?

synncom Friend

<em>@synncom 385197 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am having issues about this too.
    I tried to change it in here : Template Manager — JA_Mers – Default — Edit Style — Layouts Tab

But the Pages the menu is supposed to roll up is not changing…

Please assist me with this?</blockquote>

these are the changes I tried so far :
    <?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <layout name=”desktop” body-class=”bd-default”>
    <!–Extra css load for this layout–>
    <stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>
    <blocks name=”top” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”header” type=”header” main-inner=”4″></block>
    <block name=”onepage” type=”onepage” pageid=”” no-wrap=”1″ no-main=”2″>
    <page name=”Johan and Wanja” type=”modules” title=”Johan and Wanja” class=”color1 first-item”>page1</page>
    <page name=”our-story” type=”modules” title=”Stories” class=”color3″>page3</page>
    <page name=”events” type=”modules” title=”Event” class=”color4″>page2</page>
    <page name=”our-blog” type=”modules” title=”Blog” class=”color5″>page5</page>
    <page name=”youll-say” type=”modules” title=”Guestbook” class=”color6 last-item”>page6</page>
    </block>
    <block name=”subnav” type=”subnav” main-inner=”4″></block>
    <block name=”cpanel” type=”usertools/cpanel”></block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name=”middle” colwidth=”27″ main-inner=”6″ fixheight=”1″>
    <block name=”content-mass-top” main-inner=”4″>content-mass-top</block>
    <block name=”right1″>left,right</block>
    <block name=”content-mass-bottom” main-inner=”4″>content-mass-bottom</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name=”bottom” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”botsl1″ type=”spotlight” main-inner=”3″ special=”right” specialwidth=”27″>user1,user2,user3,user4</block>
    <block name=”navhelper” type=”navhelper” main-inner=”3″></block>
    <block name=”footer” type=”footer” main-inner=”3″></block>
    </blocks>
    </layout>

phong nam Friend

Hi synncom,

In this case, i suggest you to check out the profile which contains your customized layout, you assigned to the Home menu item in Template Manager >> Language & Page Assignments . Then clear JAT3 cache.
    i.e: On our demo JA Mers site
    – Profile: Homepage
    – Layout: “home” layout (JA_Mers – Default — Edit Style — Layouts Tab — Home)

synncom Friend

<em>@Leo Burnetts 385516 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi synncom,

In this case, i suggest you to check out the profile which contains your customized layout, you assigned to the Home menu item in Template Manager >> Language & Page Assignments . Then clear JAT3 cache.
    i.e: On our demo JA Mers site
    – Profile: Homepage
    – Layout: “home” layout (JA_Mers – Default — Edit Style — Layouts Tab — Home)</blockquote>

Hi Leo,

I am unsure what you are explaining on how to do it?

synncom Friend

<em>@synncom 385721 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Leo,

I am unsure what you are explaining on how to do it?</blockquote>

is there a way to not use the 1 Page Layout and make Menu items like Standard Joomla Items that click to Pages ?
    In other words get rid of the existing menu all together ?

phong nam Friend

Hi synncom,

It seems that i explained not clearly in changing menu item on JA Mers template. By default, the Homepage is using the homepage profile containing the home layout (home.xml). If you want to change the menu item title, you need to open templatesja_mersetclayoutshome.xml, find lines:

<page name="home" type="modules" title="About me" class="color1 first-item">page1</page>
    <page name="photos" type="modules" title="Photos" class="color2">page2</page>
    <page name="our-story" type="modules" title="Stories" class="color3">page3</page>
    <page name="events" type="modules" title="Event" class="color4">page4</page>
    <page name="our-blog" type="modules" title="Blog" class="color5">page5</page>
    <page name="youll-say" type="modules" title="Guestbook" class="color6 last-item">page6</page>

Change the title of corresponding menu items to your desired texts.

In order to make all menu items like standard Joomla menu, you can go to Template Manager >> JA_Mers – Default >>Language & Page Assignments >> Then assign the Default profile to Home menu item. Clear JAT3 cache to make the changes effective.

mvollero Friend

Everytime I try this method, it breaks my page and gives me a line 72 error. I attempted to only change a single “about me” into anything, and the error repeats. Is there a setting somewhere or a matched file I’m not editing appropriately?

Thank you in advance.

Eragon H Friend

Can you share
    1. Site URL and temporary admin account
    2. Screenshot of the issue and how can I re-produce the issue

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Eragon H 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum