Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I want to change my “JA Social” template color. We have 5 colors for this template, But I want another color. I attached the picture and I want my site in that style and color.

Before writing this thread, I’ve got search and reach to this thread. I’ve followed the instructions but as you can see in the second attached picture, not all of my template changed. I want that my site looks like a first attached picture. please help me to change all of my site colors to that one.

Thanks in advanced.

1. Capture
    khoand Friend

Hi,
    Could you give me a link to your page as you said?

hossein ri Friend

Of course:

http://www.itvision.ir

But after unsuccessful editing “template.css” file, I’ve restored the default “template.css” file.

hossein ri Friend

Any idea? 🙂

khoand Friend

If you follow thread http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/change-color-6/, you will achieve your purpose. Could you give me username+password of your backend/ftp? I will do it for you

khoand Friend

You extract my attached file into /templates/ja_social/css/
    And you change color of /templates/ja_social/images/rtl/search-bg.png, /modules/mod_jatoppanel/assets/images/button-left.png, /modules/mod_jatoppanel/assets/images/button-right.png files

1. template.css_.zip
    spenchase Friend

HI Hoseein,

I am in the same predicament… I’ve followed the thread as well and I’m still having problems. I want that look, but I’m having one hell of a time trying to get the JOMSOCIAL Login Page to look like this… My problem is that I’m having one hec of a time trying to do (two-colors) for the headers and main navigation. My color scheme is red and green. I want the green template, but I want the mainnav to be red; modules top colors in black;

Here is my website… Can either of you give me a hand when you’re done. I’ll look through the thread links below and try to give it one more shot.. But I could really use a hand; I’m desperate; 5 weeks behind schedule; mostly just tinkering with this template.

TomC Moderator

<em>@spenchase 285372 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Here is my website… Can either of you give me a hand when you’re done. I’ll look through the thread links below and try to give it one more shot.. But I could really use a hand; I’m desperate; 5 weeks behind schedule; mostly just tinkering with this template.</blockquote>
    There was no link with your message . . . Can you provide the url to the site you’re working on – as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager-General Settings?

Also, if you are able to throw together a quick visual mock-up of what it is you are trying to achieve, that would be helpful toward providing a solution for you as well.

😎

spenchase Friend

Hi Tom

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the link to my website http://www.adtechwomen.com. I’ve reloaded the original template back; the one I worked on was just horrible

Here’s what I’d like to achieve. See the example above (blue template) for Khoand. I love it! It is exactly what I’m looking for. I like the blue and I will use it. I will use the template you created for another website. I’ve already copied up to the back-end.

Now, I need a red;green and black theme template. This is for a women’s website in the United Arab Emirates (client wants
    So, I would like to change the colors on the following:

1) red header and footer background,( #ff0000) Is this an image?
    2) Green Main Nav, and (same color as in the template. Is this an image?
    3) Black modules (Top colors)

and 2: I want my Jomsocial Frontpage/Registration Page/login page to look exactly like the Blue example above, images and content. (I would like the color changed to green(same color as in the (green theme).

I’ve spent so many days/weeks trying to tweek this to no avail. I can mange loading the modules, plugins. If you could help me, I’d be so grateful. My admin username is username: adtech and password is Spenchase1 website..http://www.adtechwomen.com

Thanks.

Spenchase

TomC Moderator

Hey Spenchase:

Okay, give me a little bit to work on this for you . . . so much to do, so little time. 😎

spenchase Friend

Thank you Tom,

I really want to do it; I ‘m getting confused on which files to edit. The quick start tools/documents above were very helpful; just when you start editing the template, you discover there are several files to edit and then you forget when ones were edited. Thanks a million.

I appreciate everything and will learn from your help.

Spenchase

TomC Moderator

<em>@spenchase 285397 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom

Now, I need a red;green and black theme template. This is for a women’s website in the United Arab Emirates (client wants
    So, I would like to change the colors on the following:

1) red header and footer background,( #ff0000) Is this an image?</blockquote>

For the header, you will need to edit CSS within your template.css file – at line 427

/* HEADER
    --------------------------------------------------------- */
    #ja-header { border-top: 1px solid #4FAED2; margin-top: 29px; z-index: 13; }

[FONT=arial]The color code is #4FAED2. You will need to find the correct color code for the hue of red you want. |
    A good tool to use for this is –>
    Adobe Kuler

[/FONT]

<em>@spenchase 285397 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    2) Green Main Nav, and (same color as in the template. Is this an image?</blockquote>

For the Main Nav background color, this can be found within template.css, line 680

/* NAVIGATION
    --------------------------------------------------------- */
    /* Main Nav ---*/
    #ja-mainnav { background: url(../images/trans-bg.png); border-top: 1px solid #4FAED2; }

[FONT=arial]
    Again, once you arrive at the color code for the hue of green you want, replace #4FAED2 with the new color code.

[/FONT]

<em>@spenchase 285397 wrote:</em><blockquote>3) Black modules (Top colors)</blockquote>
    I’m not entirely sure which element you are referring to here.

spenchase Friend

Hey!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I got it I should be fine now… One final thing, how do I get the Front page/Register page to look like the example. Which file do I edit to get the images and edit the content. There are four image elements. That’s it! Thanks a million times over……:):D

spenchase Friend

Just so that I understand you correctly.

The template file that I will be editing is located in the …../templates/ja_social/template.css and not

…../themes/Green… folder?

TomC Moderator

<em>@spenchase 285482 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just so that I understand you correctly.

The template file that I will be editing is located in the …../templates/ja_social/template.css and not

…../themes/Green… folder?</blockquote>
    Well, this depends on which color theme you will be using as your primary site theme. If it’s the “default” theme, then you change those elements I listed above with the color codes you want. If, however, you are going to designate the “Green” theme as your primary site theme, then you may need to alter the css within that theme instead (or as well).

It’s all really a lot of trial-and-error toward arriving at the result you want . . . and it does take some time and patience as part of the process. But this is exactly how we all learn, right? In fact, [URL=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/the-three-ps-patience-practice-and-perseverance/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum