Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I would like to change the buffer icon to something more relevant to the client/website. Please advise how to do this. I have the animated GIF but couldn’t find where in the template to change the buffering icon.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Andrew,

May I know which ‘buffer’ icon are you referring to?

Andrew Winkler Friend

The Rubik’s cube buffer icon used in the JA Social II template.

1. Rubiks-Cube
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It’s a gif file locates in: /templates/ja_social_ii/images/preloader.gif

Andrew Winkler Friend

Do I need to overwrite that file (and risk having it being overwritten by a template upgrade) or can I set the filename somewhere to my own GIF file?

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, it’s set as background so you can override.

Try this custom CSS:

.features-loader {
      background: background: url(../images/preloader.gif) center no-repeat @white !important;
    }

and change the path to the path of your desired image.

Andrew Winkler Friend

Thanks for that. The site is now displaying the desired new GIF loading buffer, but only on the frontpage. How can I make it show on all the other sections as well, which are using the standard stylesheet?

Saguaros Moderator

On which pages I can see that preloader on your site also?

Andrew Winkler Friend

You can see it on https://tvet-rkp.net/ only. It would appear, that the ‘preload buffer icon’ feature is only available on the "Features intro" style of the JA Social II’. I would like to have it available on pages using the "Default" style as well.

Saguaros Moderator

Try opening this file: root/templates/ja_social_ii/tpls/default.php (or other php file in the same directory which is associated with the layout you use)

add this div tag:

<div class="features-loader"></div>

http://prntscr.com/inictn

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum