Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi All..
    For a while now I have been trying to change out the joomla Edenite logo for my own ,…I uploaded my logo to templates-> images and also templates->images-> orange and red …saved it as the same name as the original templates logo and the original template logo wont go away

bennitos Friend

Should be images/logo.gif ?

markb1439 Friend

Hmm, this should work quite easily. Your logo needs to be named logo.gif, and you need to make sure you are overwriting the original images when you upload. If you are indeed replacing the original images, they should not continue to appear unless they are cached in your browser. So also make sure to clear your browser cache and refresh.

TomC Moderator

try clearing your browser cache as well

critchie Friend

I’m having this same problem. I’ve tried replacing the Edenite logo with my own .gif logo of the same dimensions. I overwrite the original file in images for the default, red, and orange themes. I’ve purged the Joomla cache, JAT3 cache, and browser cache, but the original Edenite logo keeps showing up.

Any help?

TomC Moderator

<em>@critchie 290304 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m having this same problem. I’ve tried replacing the Edenite logo with my own .gif logo of the same dimensions. I overwrite the original file in images for the default, red, and orange themes. I’ve purged the Joomla cache, JAT3 cache, and browser cache, but the original Edenite logo keeps showing up.

Any help?</blockquote>
    Can you provide the url of the site you’re working on – as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings?

critchie Friend

I would provide the URL of the site, but I’m working with an offline setup. Using MAMP 2.0.5. I’m wondering if that’s my problem? The template files are on my hard drive, not my pretend little ‘server’. I also tried setting CSS optimization to ‘No’, purging cache, and the original logo still shows up.

Sorry, I’m obviously not a real web developer. I appreciate your help.

EDIT — I don’t want to waste your time, so I’ll try using the Quickstart installation on a new local-environment site. I’m guessing my problem has to do with not having the template files in the database. I’ll report back after I’ve tried this approach.

TomC Moderator

I wrote a tutorial [URL=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-template-logo-any-template/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum