Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

<em>@sobe 238911 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Phill,
    Although your solution seemed to have solved the problem, it unfortunately created another one. Now the images on the front page automatically appear at the beginning of the article when its published, no matter where they are originally located.

Meaning, the images in the middle and end of the articles pop up at the beginning. Do you have any suggestions?</blockquote>

Hi Sobe,

Can you please provide in screeenshot marked with annotations showing the issue given by you

Cheers

sobe Friend

Hi aman204,
    Take a look at attachment “IMAGE A”, that’s the admin and it clearly shows one image between two sentences, and another image on the bottom, next to a sentence. Now when you take a look at “IMAGE B” all the images pop to the front, scrambling the whole article. This started happening after I made the changes recommended by Phill.

1. IMAGE-B-FRONTPAGE
    2. IMAGE-A-ADMIN
    aman204 Friend

<em>@sobe 239086 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi aman204,
    Take a look at attachment “IMAGE A”, that’s the admin and it clearly shows one image between two sentences, and another image on the bottom, next to a sentence. Now when you take a look at “IMAGE B” all the images pop to the front, scrambling the whole article. This started happening after I made the changes recommended by Phill.</blockquote>

Sorry but I dont get as to how this is happening. The change suggested by phil shouldnt affect this as I assume.

I would really suggest you to first publish specific article and then, provide in screenshot marked with annotations showing you want it or better yet, Please pm me superadmin + ftp details to take closer look

aman204 Friend

<em>@sobe 239086 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi aman204,
    Take a look at attachment “IMAGE A”, that’s the admin and it clearly shows one image between two sentences, and another image on the bottom, next to a sentence. Now when you take a look at “IMAGE B” all the images pop to the front, scrambling the whole article. This started happening after I made the changes recommended by Phill.</blockquote>

Sorry but I dont get as to how this is happening.

I would really suggest you to first publish specific article in site and then, provide in screenshot marked with annotations showing you want it or better yet, Please pm me superadmin + ftp details to take closer look

sobe Friend

Hi aman,
    I’ve sent you a PM with the login info.
    Thanks for the help.

aman204 Friend

<em>@sobe 239101 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi aman,
    Thanks for the help.</blockquote>

Hi Sobe,

I have taken a deeper look and couldnt find any such article titled welcome and the article which is being shown on frontpage has no images

Please confirm

sobe Friend

Hi aman,
    I have sent a PM with updated info.
    Please take a look and let me know if you need anything else.
    Cheers

aman204 Friend

<em>@sobe 239101 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi aman,
    Thanks for the help.</blockquote>

Hi Sobe,

I couldn’t see the css attribute reference as a whole where Phil had suggested change

In order to check the css file where it resides, I couldn’t find the directory path as you seem to have several other files so couldn’t go deeper in order to avoid issues

I would really suggest you to please provide in direct directory path of your url where the site resides

Cheers

sobe Friend

Hi aman,
    I’ve sent you the information you requested, plus FTP info.
    Let me know if you need further information.
    Thanks

Phill Moderator

Just to close this thread off. I edited sobe’s files using winscp (a propper ftp client) rather than extplorer using the code I pasted above. Unfortunately, extplorer in its default settings does not do a good job of editing php or html as it tries to add some junk of its own. I think it is possible to adjust the settings in extplorer to stop this happening but it is much easier and faster to use something like winscp – http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

Aside from offering ftp, scp and ssh access, winscp has a built in text editor that does work really well.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum