Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Please i would like to change the easydiscuss background for the frontpage (discussion home), presently is in white, i think that is the default background color

Thank you in advance

1. easydiscuss-bd
    TomC Moderator

What color are you wanting for the background?

Also, please provide the url of the site you’re working on.

qolby Friend

please, i’m still working on localhost kindly tell me where the code is so i can change it my self

Thank you

TomC Moderator

For which elements in Easy Discuss are you wanting to change the background color?

The comments boxes? The overall background?

Can you throw together a screenshot mockup indicating which element(s) for you want to change the background color?

qolby Friend

i have change the the uber template color to green from thememagic but i only what to change the first background color (white) where the search box is, the comment box and the toolbar. not changing the comment box background (white).
    only want to change the first white background pls see the screen shot

Thank you

1. easydiscuss-bd
    TomC Moderator

As this is a component separate and apart from the core template itself, “custom.css” will not work.

It would be monumentally helpful if you could get your site online – because then I could tell you exactly which files to modify.

qolby Friend

i just upload the site now you can check and detail is provided in you private message

qolby Friend

i only want to modify the first background color (white) where the comment box is and the search box is not the uber template background color (gray)

Thank you

1. 12345
    qolby Friend

I’m not changing the comment box color only the first white background color where the comment box and search is lay

TomC Moderator

Try This . . .

Within file path —> components/com_easydiscuss/themes/simplistic/styles/style.css
    at line 9325, modify as follows:

div#discuss-wrapper {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 green;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    display: inline-block;
    margin: 0;
    min-height: 550px;
    padding: 10px;
    text-align: left;
    width: 100%;
    }

Of course, you can change the color code to whatever specific shade of green you want.

THEN . . . . .

at line 9766, modify as follows:

div#discuss-wrapper .discuss-item {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 white;
    border: 1px solid #dfdfdf
    border-radius: 4px;
    position: relative;
    width: auto;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Better ??

qolby Friend

Thank you so much perfect! pls one other issue is how can i increase the size of the badge in comment box. this badge is under username base the left side in comment box.

Thank you so much!

1. 123
    TomC Moderator

Try This . . . . .

Within file path –> /components/com_easydiscuss/themes/simplistic/styles/style.css
    at line 83, modify the “height” property . . .. for example:

div#discuss-wrapper img {
    border: 0 none;
    height: 100px;
    vertical-align: middle;
    }

You can, of course, play around with the pixel value until you arrive at the result you like best.
    (also, you don’t need the “width: 100%” property – so you can delete it)

THEN . . . .

at line 11589, modify as follows:

div#discuss-wrapper .discuss-user .discuss-badges-list > li img {
    width: 50px;
    }

Again, play around with the “width” pixel value until you arrive at the result you like best.

Hope That Helps. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum