Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello!

Im writting new articles, but they don’t appear in ja news. how can i set it to display most recent articles?

thank you!

here is the site: produits bio

questbg Friend

Hi aliocha

Using the Article Manager, find an article you wish to have in JA News Frontpage and open it. Click on ‘Front Page’ on the top right site.

This is always set to ‘No’ by default, which means new articles don’t automatically go to that module, you have to tell the system which ones you want there.

You can then use the ‘Front Page Manager’ to decide the order of the five ‘FrontPage’ articles.

(These instructions are for Joomla 1.5.3).

Hope that helps
    Chris

aliocha Friend

Thank you, but my problem does not concern Ja News Frontpage, but Ja News module which appears under ja News Frontpage.
    I can not manage to order articles that are displayed in Ja News Module properly.

questbg Friend

Ah, I understand.

The articles that appear in the ja-news area of the front page are the ‘latest’ 12-articles published in each section.

The easiest way to ensure the 12 articles you want to appear there do appear there is to alter the ‘published on’ date in the article to be the very latest (today’s date for instance). Those articles should then appear on the front page in the ja-news position.

Good luck!
    Chris

anisjolly Friend

Also – one problem i fixed on another thread for this type of problem was that certain articles do not appear due to the length of their title and characters that are used in the titles.

If this isn’t the case for you, please post a url and more details on the sections that are not displaying the news and we’ll take a look.

edit: just spotted your url in your original post.

aliocha Friend

Hello.

actually, what happens is that for each section, ja News displays the most recent article of its categories. All right.

But the article which is displayed with a picture is the most recent article of the category that has the lowest ID, but not the most recent article of the whole section.

Do you have any idea on that question?

thank a lot.

micawber Friend

<em>@questbg 67625 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ah, I understand.

The articles that appear in the ja-news area of the front page are the ‘latest’ 12-articles published in each section.

The easiest way to ensure the 12 articles you want to appear there do appear there is to alter the ‘published on’ date in the article to be the very latest (today’s date for instance). Those articles should then appear on the front page in the ja-news position.

Good luck!
    Chris</blockquote>
    Is it possible to change this number i.e 12 to 4 for example?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  micawber 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum