Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have a JA Slideshow assigned to a position in page in my template. What I wish to do is replace that slideshow a JA Tab and have the slideshow appear in a tab. I also want to place other content in additional tabs. I’ve created a customhtml with the following:

{jatabs type=”modules” module=”mod_jaslideshowlite” position=”after-content” mouseType=”click” animType=”animFade”} {/jatabs}

All I see when I do this is the title of the tab appear below the slideshow. Please inspect and advise:

http://vacationithaca.com/index.php/our-properties/cayuga-lake-cottage

Also, how do I create those additional tabs with content in my customhtml?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello you need to assign the module positions of other modules to >>> mod_jaslideshowlite

after that all the module that are on positions that are on postion>>mod_jaslideshowlite
    will come in ja tabs . make sure that the other module page assignment is same like your slideshow module

For more information about JA Tabs read this

Hope it helps

heritage123 Friend

Sorry, I’m still confused. You suggest:
    <blockquote>you need to assign the module positions of other modules to >>> mod_jaslideshowlite</blockquote>

what other modules are you speaking of? I need to assign modules to mod_jaslideshowlite?

Is this part of my code correct?
    <blockquote>{jatabs type=”modules” module=”mod_jaslideshowlite” position=”after-content” mouseType=”click” animType=”animFade”} {/jatabs}</blockquote>

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi my 2nd above post is for add more module in the same JA tabs module .

<blockquote>All I see when I do this is the title of the tab appear below the slideshow. Please inspect and advise:</blockquote>
    This is the module title ,you can hide the this title in the module options >>Module title>>HIDE
    the module id is >> Mod150 .

For adding more module please read the user guide
    let me know if you are facing issue to add new modules in same tab.

heritage123 Friend

Thank you for you help but I think I’m having difficulty communicating to you my misunderstanding.

First let me say I’ve inspected the documentation but am still left short in understanding the context of the tag system.

Let me also clearly state my objective:
    I wish to place a JA Slideshow lite, slideshow module in one of the tabs of a JA Tabs. (other tabs not yet created, but will contain other module content).

What I’ve done so far:
    Created a JA Slideshow Lite module and placed in the after-content position of the page I wish to display. The slides appears in the correct location on the layout and the module functions as expected.

Creates a CustomHTML module containing the following code:
    <blockquote>{jatabs type=”modules” module=”mod_jaslideshowlite” position=”after-content” mouseType=”click” animType=”animFade”} {/jatabs}</blockquote>
    This CustomHTML module is also placed in the after-content position in the page I wish to display.

What is observed:

The JA Slideshow module is in the same after-content position.

The title of the JA Tab module appears directly below the JA Slideshow module. There are no visible tabs or is any content being displayed in the module. Only the module title is visible.

Please help me understand how to reach my objective.
    Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<blockquote>The title of the JA Tab module appears directly below the JA Slideshow module. There are no visible tabs or is any content being displayed in the module. Only the module title is visible.</blockquote>
    Hi
    i can see there are two modules published on this page >>http://vacationithaca.com/index.php/our-properties/cayuga-lake-cottage

one module is JA Slideshow module(MOD ID >140) and the 2nd module is a custom html module >>MOD ID 150
    Module ID 150 showing the title >>cottage tab test
    it can be hide from module options .

can you please PM me admin details of your site .
    seems like you have not configured JA Tabs correctly .
    I will configured it again , and let you know about the settings here

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello i checked your site and found the JA Tabs module not added correctly .
    see this >>
    code in JA Tabs html module >>
    {jatabs type="modules" module="mod_jaslideshowlite" position="after-content" mouseType="click" animType="animFade"} {/jatabs}

let me explain … in above code module=”mod_jaslideshowlite”
    this is >>mod_jaslideshowlite a custom module position .
    if you want more module in same JA tabs .
    then add module position >>>mod_jaslideshowlite .
    same like i changed the module position of JA slidshow .

i changed the module position of slideshow to make it in the JA TABS module .
    >>>> http://prntscr.com/49cnxm .

now the module is in JA Tabs >>>http://prntscr.com/49cp27

Let me know if there any confusion

heritage123 Friend

Thank you, your example has provided valuable insight in managing the Tabs Module. IMHO the documentation could use revisions to clarify implementation. For example from the plugin itself:

<blockquote>module:
    Apply for type=”modules”. Input module position which will display in tabs. For example: articleslatestload</blockquote>

Does not say “Custom Module Position”, and the example provides no indication articleslatestload is a custom position.

Furthermore, the documentation “Easy-to-use and friendly HTML tags” shows a template module position (position-7) as the example.

One final comment, it appears the Tab Module does not display the JA Map plugin. All that is visible is the plugin code. Is there a way to display maps in the tabs?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    Glad you got how easily you can. configured JA Tabs .
    <blockquote>One final comment, it appears the Tab Module does not display the JA Map plugin. All that is visible is the plugin code. Is there a way to display maps in the tabs?</blockquote>

Hi
    make sure that the map plugin is configured correctly by you .
    + you can publish any module in ja tabs , there is no issue with it .
    Is JA Map working except in other positions on your site ??
    it has issue only with JA Tabs
    let me know about it , i will help you out

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum