Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am trying to add the slideshow from the corporate layout to the portfolio layout. How can this be done? I have reviewed the documentation on creating a new layout, but I do not see any particular note on how I can merge elements from one style to another. Thanks for your time in this request.

Saguaros Moderator

You may need to add slideshow block into portfolio layout. Here are steps:

– Open the file: templatespurity_iiitplsportfolio.php
    – Add this line of code:

<?php $this->loadBlock('slideshow') ?>

This helps to load slideshow block along with other blocks. It will look like this: http://prntscr.com/33ml2b
    – Go to settings of slideshow module > check Menu assignment section and assign this module to menu item of page you want to display.

Hope this helps.

presto Friend

Thank you, that worked to add the slideshow to the portfolio layout. The only difference that I see now are the following:

1) There is no padding showing up at the top of the slideshow like you have on the corporate layout. The slideshow image goes straight to the top and connects with the menu. How can I add that padding to the portfolio display of the slideshow?

2) The opaque grey layer behind the slider text is not showing up on the portfolio slideshow like it does on the corporate display. How can I add this to the display on the portfolio layout?

3) THere is a slightly off-white color behind the slideshow on the corporate layout. How can I add this to the portfolio block that shows the slideshow?

Saguaros Moderator

You can try to create a new CSS file called ‘custom.css’ in this path: /templates/purity_iii/css/ and add this CSS rule:

/*Style for slideshow*/
    .porfolio .slideshow {
    background: #f7f7f7
    border-bottom: 1px solid #eeeeee
    padding: 40px 0;
    }

.porfolio .carousel-caption {
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
    }

presto Friend

Thank you, that adds the grey backing behind the text. Now, how can I add the padding showing up at the top of the slideshow like you have on the corporate layout? Also the off-white color behind this module area?

Saguaros Moderator

Please post your site’s URL here so that I can have a look and also set Optimize CSS in template manager to No

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum