Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I just added new module position with the name ‘phone’ on the right side of the logo.
    my problem is the now, this new position is not responsive and when I am trying to check the site on my iphone or android the text is on top of the slideshow. I tryied to remove the slide and it’s the same thing with any other position.

please let me know what do I need to do and how. my css knowlage is not good at all…

thanks !

Ninja Lead Moderator

It would be great if you can include url of your site, an illustrated screenshot of what you are trying to achieve, It would help to understand the issue and give you specific answers.

Idan Damti Friend

sorry…

the link of the site is: http://24locallocksmith.com/

Ninja Lead Moderator

You are missing some code in templates/ja_mero/tpls/blocks/header.php file. You can fix it this way

from

<!-- LOGO -->
    <div class="span6">
    <div class="logo logo-<?php echo $logotype ?>">
    <h1>
    <a href="<?php echo JURI::base(true) ?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($sitename) ?>"<?php echo $logoimage ?>>
    <span><?php echo $sitename ?></span>
    </a>
    <small class="site-slogan hidden-phone"><?php echo $slogan ?></small>
    </h1>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- //LOGO -->
    <div>
    <div class="custom">
    </div>
    </div>

change to

<!-- LOGO -->
    <div class="span6">
    <div class="logo logo-<?php echo $logotype ?>">
    <h1>
    <a href="<?php echo JURI::base(true) ?>" title="<?php echo strip_tags($sitename) ?>"<?php echo $logoimage ?>>
    </a>
    <small class="site-slogan hidden-phone"><?php echo $slogan ?></small>
    </h1>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- //LOGO -->
    <div class="span6">
    <div class="custom">
    </div>
    </div>

Idan Damti Friend

I added the class=”span6″ but it is still the same.
    this is my header code:

<!– LOGO –>
    <div class=”span6″>
    <div class=”logo logo-<?php echo $logotype ?>”>
    <h1>
    <a href=”<?php echo JURI::base(true) ?>” title=”<?php echo strip_tags($sitename) ?>”<?php echo $logoimage ?>>
    </a>
    <small class=”site-slogan hidden-phone”><?php echo $slogan ?></small>
    </h1>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!– //LOGO –>
    <div class=”span6″>

<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘phone’) ?>” />

</div>

Ninja Lead Moderator

The best way in this case is that you need to change table tags in phone position to image and pm me admin access and ftp account, I shall help you change some css style there.

Idan Damti Friend

Hi,
    I just PM you all the info… please check. thanks!

Ninja Lead Moderator

I fixed the problem on your site. It due to the conflict between css code and I made some changes

Please check it again, let me know if it helps

woluweb Friend

Txs for this explanation.

I was facing a similar problem and I managed to add a position in my header.php file (well, even better, I duplicated the default layout in the template manager, calling it my-default for example. And then I edited the corresponding my-default.php, making the original header.php point to my-header.php). This way, even in case of update of the template, my site is not down and I can compare my version with the new one when it suits me.

But I wanted to go one step beyond now : I have created this new position in the header, but how can I make it disappear in the smartphone & tablet version of the site ?
    How can this be done (and if multiple solutions are possible, what is the best) ?

Txs in advance,

Marc

Ninja Lead Moderator

This way will help you hide new position in the smartphone & tablet version

+ Open templates/ja_mero/tpls/blocks/header.php file.

<div class="span6 hide_device">

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('phone') ?>" />

</div>

+ Open templates/ja_mero/css/custom.css file

Add new script

/* mobile */ @media (max-width: 767px) {
    .hide_device {
    display: none;
    }
    }

/* tablet */ @media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 979px) {
    .hide_device {
    }
    }

Let me know if it helps

Idan Damti Friend

now it’s great !!! thanks a lot…
    the only problem left now is when I am trying to add more then 3 lines of text I can’t see the last line…

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can send me the screenshot last your problem, it would help to understand the issue and give you specific answers.

woluweb Friend

Hi & txs a lot for your suggestion.
    At first it did not work (but I am using LESS & still in Development Mode, so maybe custom.css would not play its role ?)

Anyway, your suggestion put me on the right path :

I directly edited my template.less file of my Theme (instead of editing responsive-style.css, in case this file would be updated sooner or later) like this :

@media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 979px) {
    .my_new_position_name {
    }
    }

@media (max-width: 767px) {
    .my_new_position_name {
    }
    }

Alternatively, I think I could have replace .my_new_position_name by .hide_device, in which case I would add hide_device in the Module Class (module > advanced options) to simply “activate” the hide function.

Once again, txs a lot @ninja-Lead

woluweb Friend

Hi @ninjalead,

I was experimenting a bit further :

I have discovered that you could make (dis)appear module positions *according to size of viewport* simply by editing
    templates/ja_mero/etc/layout/default.ini
    (or home.ini, depending on chosen layout)
    For example, footer-3 in hidden in Default Layout when screen is large because of this code :

[block3@footnav]
    position="footer-3"
    default="span3"
    wide="span3 hidden"

But it seems that this does work *only* with pre-existing positions and not with the positions I created myself (well, that’s my empirical conclusion anyway).

So my question is : what should I do to be able to make the same method (ie editing layout/xxx.ini file) work on new positions created by myself ?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi woluweb,

T3 Framework developed with LESS, the LESS files are compiled to CSS files. Each time you compile, CSS files will be overridden and each time you update the template, the LESS files be also overridden, too. So be careful when changing LESS and CSS, your work can be lost

we suggest you to use custom.css file to customize, it’s not compiled from a LESS file so it will be not overridden or lost when you compile LESS file or update new version of this JA Mero template

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum