Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there, I need to create a custom module position for a “skyscraper” advert banner to the right of the right column (see attached pic, new module is the red rectangle). Could someone guide me through the process? I’m out of my depth with T3 …

1. skyscrapermodule
    pavit Moderator

Hi hzc0mm

You cannot create a new position there, because is out of the template structure.

hzc0mm Friend

Thx 4 the fast answer. Let me put it another way: Could I utilize the “CPANEL” position? I don’t really need it, so maybe I could use this with some custom CSS to put it where I want (see screenshot 1st post)?

pavit Moderator

<em>@hzc0mm 293532 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thx 4 the fast answer. Let me put it another way: Could I utilize the “CPANEL” position? I don’t really need it, so maybe I could use this with some custom CSS to put it where I want (see screenshot 1st post)?</blockquote>

To be honest never tried before something like this, but all is possible with custom css, after you have done, show us your result could be interesting for other users with your same problem

hzc0mm Friend

Ok, I did it.

– inserted
    <position>skyscraper</position>
    into templateDetails.xml
    – inserted

.skyscraper
    {
    position:absolute;
    left:982px;
    top:174px;
    }

into template.css (at the very end)

– made a Google Ad module (any module will do) at position “skyscraper”

i think that’s about it. hope i didn’t forget to post some step – been a stressful day

marian_7117 Friend

Hi,
    I tried this on my website and I’ve made these two steps but it doesn’t worked. Is anything that you forgot to write about this?
    Thanks,
    Marian
    http://www.stiriexterne.com

axadle Friend

Great Mod, even better support! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone looking for a mod to float content

to add left or right side of the template use download this module

buaxua floating can shows any Banners or Modules with floating
    Features :
    – Floating any module (Menu, Banner, images,…).
    – User can select module(s) on any position to float.
    – float left, right or both sides.
    – Auto centered.
    – Adjustable width and positions.
    – Adjustable speed/Stop floating.
    – Auto Show/Hide.
    – Custom CSS.

1. left_banner
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  axadle 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum