Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I’m using Joomla 2.5.4 with JA Social 2.5.1

I’d like to add a menu module to the breadcrumbs position however the menu does not display in this position.

It does display in the footernav position however for design purposes I would like it to display in the breadcrumbs position (I have disabled the breadcrumbs module). Also in the breadcrumbs position I want the menu to display horizontaly like it does in the footernav position.

Please can someone let me know how to do this?

Also, is there a way to disable the scroll to ‘TOP’ button in the breadcrumbs position? Or do I need to remove this via a PHP file hack?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Sherlock Friend

Hi tonyzee,

That module position has been fixed to display only module with the exactly name “Breadcrumbs”, to get it display modules from the breadcrumbsload position (you can then assign your menu module to this position) you can try as following

copy the file of pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultblocksnavhelper.php and paste it into the folder of templatesja_socialblocks open the copied file you would see this line
    [PHP] <jdoc:include type=”module” name=”breadcrumbs” />[/PHP]

change it to
    [PHP]<jdoc:include type=”module” name=”breadcrumbsload” /> [/PHP]

To get the menu items display horizontaly you open the file of templates/your_template/css/template.css and adding this css
    #ja-navhelper li {
    display:inline;
    }

tonyzee Friend

Hi Dat,

Thanks so much for your response. It’s really appreciated.

I’ve tried to implement what you have suggested however the module does not display in this position. I’ve tested that the PHP file is being called from the templates/ja_social/blocks/ by removing the ‘TOP’ scroll link. This link was removed successfully.

I’ve also double checked that I am using the ‘breadcrumbsload’ as the module positions name.

Is there another step that I am missing? Do I need to add anything to the layout or xml files?

Once again your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

Sherlock Friend

Hi tonyzee,

Sorry I have a mistake there, that line of code should be
    [PHP]<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”breadcrumbsload” />[/PHP]
    just change module by modules

tonyzee Friend

Brilliant, that did the trick.

Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tonyzee 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum