Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’ve added three footer menus in the footer spotlight areas at the bottom of the template. When I try to add a Font Awesome icon for each menu item through the mega menu, the icons do not appear on the site even though it looks like they are working in the backend. Any guidance on how to fix this would be appreciated.

TomC Moderator

Not quite certain what you mean.

It would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on – pointing out the elements you are referring to.

celticwarrior72 Friend

My site is not live, but here’s a specific example:

http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_sugite

Scroll to the bottom. See the footer menus in the spotlight area – “Info’, “Support’, ‘Services’, ‘Solutions’. How can you add the Font Awesome Icons in front of some of those menu items?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Please go to Admin -> Extensions -> Template Manager -> Purity III – Default -> click Megamenu ->and add the fa icons as in my screenshot:

1. fa_font
    malibu63 Friend

Hi Ninja –

I also want to use Font Awesome Icons for my menus.

I did as you suggested, but am having same issue … that is, back end-looks ok (as per your screenshot) but icon not appearing on front-end menu.

Also noticed that there doesn’t appear to be any code related to FA icon when I ‘inspect’ the element (using Chrome).

:((

PS … I can get icons working if I create menu as ‘Custom HTML’, then insert an <i class=”…”></i> before the option text, but I’d rather use a “real” menu.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I’m not sure what you did on that, I just checked it again and see it’s working fine with Font-Awesome 3 and 4, see the screenshot

+ Config from back-end

+ and show in front-end

1. font_awesome
    2. font_awesome_front_end
    gt35m Friend

Hello,

I’ve been trying to phantom this out for ages, but without any success. How do you add font awesome fonts to a side menu please? I tried adding fa fa-user in the links CSS but it doesn’t work.

I’ve added icons via the megamenu, but this only applies to the menu at the top of the screen. The module is a menu module in position 7 (I think). I’ve attached a screen shot of the menu I would like to add fa icons to;

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Steve

1. Untitled-9
    Ninja Lead Moderator

@gt35m: My way above only works with Mega Menu

If you wish to add Font Awesome Icon to menu module

First select the icon you want in your Menu item from – Font Awesome Icons

The code must be placed in the Menu Item Advanced Options >> Link Type Options >> Link CSS Style. See example below.

– For this example we will use the fa-camera-retro icon

Save Menu Item and preview in your browser

1. awesome1
    gt35m Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 442749 wrote:</em><blockquote>@gt35m: My way above only works with Mega Menu

If you wish to add Font Awesome Icon to menu module

First select the icon you want in your Menu item from – Font Awesome Icons

The code must be placed in the Menu Item Advanced Options >> Link Type Options >> Link CSS Style. See example below.

– For this example we will use the fa-camera-retro icon

Save Menu Item and preview in your browser</blockquote>

@ninja Lead

I tried what you suggested, and no icon is displayed, only a white space before the menu title. I tried the same format as the mega menu (i.e. fa fa-users) but all I get is the following result;

Anything else to try?

1. faicon
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Definitely strange! I tried with above tweak and it displays properly

Look at my screenshot of the back-end settings and result on front-end site

+ Back-end

+ Front-end

1. icon_menu
    2. icon_menu_front
    gt35m Friend

@ninja Lead,

You are getting the same result as I get. But if you look closely, all the CSS styling in the module / font is lost…. 🙁

Ninja Lead Moderator

It’s very hard to suggest the solution for you without clue the info of your site. Can you give me the info of your site URL of your site, admin login and FTP account via private message?

But don’t forget let me know which menu module are you working on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum