Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have a custom field in my job form.

1. How do I add it as an option to the Job Alerts form?

2. How do I make a field multi-select checkboxes instead of a single select drop down?

Nick R JA JobBoard

Hi,

1. When you have created a new field, than you can mark it to “yes” in the Display section: Field is on filter
    But you have to test this, it’s just my best guess 😉

2. You have the choice to choose: Multiple select in the field type of a custom field.
    Just take a look at i.e locations field.

Cheers
    Nick

sharpdome Friend

Hi Nick,

I have “on filter” enabled and it does show in the filter module, but not the job alerts page.

The field is multi-select in the definition, but on the job alerts it doesn’t show as checkboxes like the default multi-select fields (locations, categories, etc.).

Any other ideas, or does this need to go to the developers? 🙂

Thanks,

-David

Vinh CV Friend

<em>@sharpdome 222472 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Nick,

I have “on filter” enabled and it does show in the filter module, but not the job alerts page.

The field is multi-select in the definition, but on the job alerts it doesn’t show as checkboxes like the default multi-select fields (locations, categories, etc.).

Any other ideas, or does this need to go to the developers? 🙂

Thanks,

-David</blockquote>

Dear David,

The “on filter” params only apply for show in JobFilter module.
    On the Search Job/ Job Alert Form, we list fields by default: title, categories, locations, employers…

sharpdome Friend

Hi Vinh,

How can I add my own custom fields to the Search Job/Job Alert forms? I need to use more than just the default fields.

Thanks for your help,

-David

Vinh CV Friend

<em>@sharpdome 222930 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Vinh,

How can I add my own custom fields to the Search Job/Job Alert forms? I need to use more than just the default fields.

Thanks for your help,

-David</blockquote>

Hi sharpdome,
    You must customize the file: SITEcomponentscom_jajobboardviewsjajobstmpljasearchform.php and make some changes to process the search result to match with new fields in SearchJob/JobAlert Form: SITEcomponentscom_jajobboardmodelsjajobs.php

sharpdome Friend

Hi Vinh,

Can you please give an example of what you want me to do?

Also, can adding custom fields to the job alerts and advanced search forms be added as a feature in a future release?

Thanks,

-David

Vinh CV Friend

Dear sharpdome,

We can not provide you with custom code in this case, but you can try to make it yourself with those files.

In the future release, we will consider to apply this feature.

h2msolutions Friend

Hi there, i am posting this 3 years on from when the thread was last open.

I have the same requirement, i need to add custom fields to the job alert form, is there any further insight to this you can provide?

Thanks

HeR0 Friend

Dear H2msolutions,

This feature is available on the latest version 1.0.4 . If you go to Form Customizations, you could see option for field search http://prntscr.com/12woqv

See this wiki guide for more information http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Job_Board_2.5/Administration#Forms_customization

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum