Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

How to add contact us form(email us form) in JA Mesolite II?

Im using joomla 1.5. still developing in my local PC. not lounched.

TomC Moderator

Do you mean a link that connects you to the contact form?

moyousuf Friend

I meant contact form itself. I could not find a contact us form in Mesolite II like other templates of JA.

TomC Moderator

Can you provide the url to the site you’re working on – so we can see what’s going on?

moyousuf Friend

Deat Tom,

Still im customising the site on my local PC and not yet uploaded to my webhost. Just wondering How to add contact us form and module, and search module with textbox(for search capability) for all my pages.

TomC Moderator

<em>@moyousuf 288526 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Still im customising the site on my local PC and not yet uploaded to my webhost. Just wondering How to add contact us form and module, and search module with textbox(for search capability) for all my pages.</blockquote>
    Yousuf:
    I am finding this issue odd as well – though I have a gut feeling there is a relatively simple solution.
    Either way, I’m working on this right now for you … I will respond further with my solution and/or recommendation.

TomC Moderator

Okay, as I suspected – and I’m really kicking myself for not simply knowing this right off the bat – you DO have a contact page and menu item within your Main Menu (in your Menu Manager) . . . it’s simply not published.

How do I know this? . . . I utilized our Demo Builder to create a temporary demo site of JA Mesolite II . . . and then I simply looked into the Main Menu and – whataya know – there it was. All you need to do is publish the “Contact” menu item and it will appear within your main navigation on your Home page.

Of course, if you want to modify the title to “Contact Us” or something else, all you need do is open that menu item’s parameters and change the title.

Sorry this very simple solution took so long to provide to you – no excuse for that. :((

Hope this helps.

moyousuf Friend

Thanks Tom, I will try it.

My another question is , How can I include Search within site capabilities? can you guide me please? like in other templates i see search in the top right corner, i want to have such in Mesolite II , for this purpose i removed currency selector module.

Thanks in advance

TomC Moderator

<em>@moyousuf 288586 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Tom, I will try it.

My another question is , How can I include Search within site capabilities? can you guide me please? like in other templates i see search in the top right corner, i want to have such in Mesolite II , for this purpose i removed currency selector module.

Thanks in advance</blockquote>
    Similar situation as previous . . . you need to enable your Search module (within your module manager) and, if you want your search box where the currency selector is, assign your Search module to the “top” position.

You may need to play around with the configuration settings – and perhaps the relative css for the search module – to get it to look exactly as you want … but this is a relatively simple process.

moyousuf Friend

Thanks a lot Tom,

Demo builder is fantastic one!!! im trying with it. if anything i will get back to you.

again thanks for your time and help.

TomC Moderator

<em>@moyousuf 288649 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks a lot Tom,

Demo builder is fantastic one!!! im trying with it. if anything i will get back to you.

again thanks for your time and help.</blockquote>
    You’re VERY welcome, Yousuf . . . . All the best with your continuing site development.

😎

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum